Featured Post

Nickname Greats, Shiny Larkins, and a Numbered Dunn (Mail Day Edition)

I'm back with a PWE that I received about a week or so ago.  This particular envelope is courtesy of Greg over at the wonderful Night Owl Cards. Although the PWE might be a small vessel to mail cards in, it's certainly possible for one to pack a punch - which is exactly what happened here!

First up, the lone card from my want list:

That's a 2006 Fleer Greats of the Game Nickname Greats card of Steve "Bye Bye" Balboni.  I'm nearly done with the entire 2006 Fleer Greats of the Game set, in fact, the only left for me to collect is a few more of the Nickname Greats cards.  In the off chance someone reading this has any lying around, here's what I still need now that Balboni is tucked away in my binder:

2006 Fleer Greats of the Game:
Nickname Greats: AG, AT, BF, BH, BL, CF, CH, DD, GS, KH, LA, LP, MF, MH, MR, MW, MZ, RC, RG

Moving on to the other goodies in the PWE, I must show off this gorgeous Barry Larkin card from 1995 Pacific.

I'll have plenty more to say about that one when I feature it in my ongoing Barry Larkin Collection series of posts but you can rest assured that I love it.  It's so shiny - and it definitely makes me miss late 90s Pacific!

Finally, let's end our journey through this PWE with a look at a Classic Stitches relic card of Adam Dunn.

I don't have a ton of numbered relics, so getting an Adam Dunn card numbered out of 299 is awesome for my collection.  I consider myself to be a Barry Larkin player collector but I also have smaller PCs of a number of other guys including Dunn!

Thanks for the great PWE, Greg.  Here's to hoping everyone out there stays safe and healthy...I live in upstate PA and all my local news comes out of New York state (where Greg lives).  It doesn't sound good for the great state of New York, though from what I gather most of the nastiness is confined to the New York City region at the moment.  Stay safe, ya'll!

Comments

  1. I was pretty proud of that PWE. I thought I had another Nickname Greats off your want list but I couldn't find it. Maybe I've traded it away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool Prism card of Larkin. I remember buying packs of the 94/95 basketball draft picks... and possibly some NFL cards from that era... but don't remember MLB Pacific Prisms.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment