Featured Post

Remember the Astrodome Remembers Me!

I'm 99% certain I've used that blog title before but research is overrated, right?

Anyhow, as you can probably guess, today's mail day package is courtesy of Marc over at Remember the Astrodome (now marcbrubaker.com).  I had sent Marc one of my Season of Giving packages (in January 2020 as he got one of my later packages that I mailed out).  In return, Marc sent me a nice smattering of assorted Cincinnati Reds cards.

I'll start with what I consider to be the highlight of the group - some nifty sparkly parallels of the holiday edition cards from Topps.

I didn't buy any of the holiday cards but I can certainly see the appeal in the set.  They are fun - and isn't that ultimately what baseball cards are supposed to be?!

Marc also sent along a few of the "regular" holiday cards including one of my first Trevor Bauer as a Red cards for my collection.

I can only hope that this year's MLB season actually takes place since the Reds were (finally!) predicted to not suck.  Bauer was going to be a big part of that...and he is a free agent after this season.

Finally, we end with one of my first 2020 Topps Heritage cards of the year.

I'm still on my own self-imposed lockout of the Heritage brand - a lockout that will continue until I finally complete the various older Heritage sets that I've been working on collecting for years and years.  That said, I certainly won't complain when someone else sends me Heritage cards because I do love the brand a lot!

Thanks for the fun envelope of cards, Marc.  I hope you got what I sent you back in January.  As for everyone else, since we are all stuck inside it seems like a kind of perfect time to start working on trading again.  Hit up my want list and make me an offer!

Comments

  1. Gah, totally missed this. I did get your cards, thank you! They're languishing in the post queue at the moment, but they were appreciated.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment