Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 735: 2003 Topps 205 - #31 - Polar Bear back mini

Barry Larkin
Year:  2003
Brand:  Topps 205
Insert type:  Polar Bear back mini
Card number:  31

This is another one of the various mini variations that Topps produced for the 2003 Topps 205 set.  I explained all of the oddities of the '03 Topps 205 set here so I won't rehash that again.  Instead, I'll simply mention that the Polar Bear minis are actually the most common of all the mini types and yet it took me longer to track down this mini than it did to acquire some of the rarer minis.

Overall, I have to admit that I don't actually care that much for the different mini backs.  For as much as I love the Allen & Ginter brand, I also don't really care about the different mini versions there either, at least not for the base cards (I adore the mini insert sets typically but that's a different story entirely)! 

I don't think I'll be going out of my way to try and acquire all of the other versions of this kind of dull baseball card.  That said, should the opportunity arise I wouldn't hesitate to pick up more of the minis if the price was right (or if they arrive via trade, hint hint).

Comments