Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 740: 2003 Upper Deck - #487

Barry Larkin
Year:  2003
Brand:  Upper Deck
Card number:  487

I wasn't a big fan of a lot of what Upper Deck put out after about the year 2000, especially with their non-retro offerings.  That being said, I have to admit that the 2003 Upper Deck flagship set isn't all bad - and it's actually kind of refreshing to see Upper Deck include full career statistics on the back of a baseball card! 

Truthfully, I think the design has aged pretty well.  Certainly much better than a lot of other crazy sets that were released around the same time period.  The one thing that does bug me is the black background behind the team logo - in the Reds' case it looks like the "C" is off-center (it's not but it kind of looks that way with the larger amount of black on the left-hand side). 

Other than that very minor complaint, I don't have much else to say about this particular card set.  It's perfectly fine - and while I won't be putting the set together anytime soon I could see why someone might want to.  One other interesting thing to note:  As far as I can tell this is the only Barry Larkin card from 2003 Upper Deck.  No inserts and (more surprisingly) no parallels!

Comments