Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 743: 1998 Topps Tek - #57 - Pattern 86

Barry Larkin
Year:  1998
Brand:  Topps Tek
Card number:  57
Pattern number:  86

In 1998, the Topps Tek set featured a total of 90 cards (different patterns) for each subject, plus another 90 diffractor parallels (one for each pattern).  I never collected (or even saw) Topps Tek back when it was originally released so all of my Tek collection comes from either eBay or COMC purchases or trading.  That probably explains why it took me this long to finally acquire my fifth unique pattern!

I'm not exactly sure how you'd describe the pattern but it does have a sort of M.C. Escher quality to it.  Other than that, I don't have much more to add about this particular card since it's the exact same card I've already written about four other times (just with a different background).  All that said, it is kind of exciting for me (in a rather nerdy way) to be getting closer and closer to being able to fill an entire binder page up with 1998 Larkin Tek cards.  Of course, it'd be even cooler to have all ten binder pages' worth of Larkins but I'll settle for baby steps with this particular collection!

Comments

  1. Having a whole page, or even multiple pages, full of different Tek patterns is very cool!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment