Featured Post

Delivery Time! A Free Card from the Diamond King

My pile of incoming trades to talk about has grown fairly large and doing my Ultimate Allen & Ginter Mini Set Bracket series of posts isn't helping me whittle down the mail packages.  That's okay though - I consider too much mail to talk about a good problem to have!  Plus, I'm trying to spread out the Ginter posts so that there is at least one day in between each in order to give everyone time to vote.  That's all to say that today is the perfect time to look at a simple PWE that came from The Diamond King.

Kevin (aka The Diamond King) offered up some free cards and I found one that I actually needed for my own want list!

That's one more of the 2006 Fleer Greats of the Game Nickname cards down, only 18 more to go before I can say that I've completed that set as well.
I can't say that I know much about Thornton at all, he played right around the time I was born which is definitely a "dead area" in terms of my personal baseball knowledge.  I know enough about the mid-70s thanks to the Big Red Machine but otherwise from about 1978 to about 1985 I basically have very little working knowledge of most baseball players or even how good/bad various teams were during that time.  You can't blame me too much though, I wasn't born until 1982!

Getting back to the Fleer Greats of the Game set, I mentioned that I'm nearing the end (only 18 more cards to go from this particular insert set).  Even better, this is the last of the insert sets left that I am trying to complete from the '06 set!

2006 Fleer Greats of the Game Wants:Nickname Greats: AG, BF, BH, BL, CF, CH, DD, GS, KH, LA, LP, MF, MH, MR, MW, MZ, RC, RG 

Will it be one of the sets that I manage to complete prior to the end of 2020?  I'd like to say yes but trading for these things hasn't been easy...maybe another trip to COMC is in order.

Thanks for the free card, Kevin!  As for anyone else, if you'd like to trade with me (and eventually see the results of the trade on this blog), then be sure to check out my want list and make an offer!

Comments

  1. I am happy to see this card went to a great guy. As soon as I saw it on Kevin's blog, I wanted it since "Thunder" was one of the first Indians players that I followed. I will keep my eye out for another one of these cards.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment