Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 748: 2002 Fleer Flair - #16 - Jersey Heights - Relic

Barry Larkin
Year:  2002
Brand:  Fleer Flair
Insert set:  Jersey Heights (relic)
Card number:  16

The 2002 Fleer Flair set featured Barry in both the regular base set (a card that I've already written about back in 2012) and the relic set (called Jersey Heights).  For the base set, there is only one parallel called the Collection parallel where Larkin's card is #/175 (that's a card that I don't own).  In addition to the regular version of the relic (shown above), there is also a Hot Numbers Patch parallel #/100 (another card that I don't own).  Finally, Barry was paired up with Sean Casey for the Jersey Heights Dual Swatch relic #/100 (yet another card that I don't own).  

As you can see, I have a bit of work to do before I'll be able to say that my 2002 Fleer Flair Larkin set is complete!  

Returning to today's card, I have to say that I like the coloring on the front of the card - you can't go wrong with team colors and I imagine that the "Hot Numbers Patch" parallel would look even better with a non-white swatch of cloth embedded within the card.  The card back is boring but most relic backs are boring so I'll let this one slide (though it must be said that the set's logo is ridiculously large and distracting)!

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment