Featured Post

Blue (La Da Dee Da Da Da)

Club 3000 from the Starting Nine.

It's been awhile since I've received an envelope in the mail with an actual card from my want list.  I can totally understand why - between the pandemic and the fact that I haven't added any new 2020 cards to my want list, I imagine people find my lists to be fairly intimidating.  That all being said, one of my goals for the year is to whittle my want list down to 90 or fewer sets and the only way for me to succeed in that venture is to start crossing off some stuff!

Luckily for me, not everyone is out of cards that I want!  The latest envelope comes from Max over at Starting Nine.  Max claimed one of my recent Trade Stacks and in exchange he sent me a single card from my want list - a lovely Club 3000 from the 2000 Fleer family of brands.

From the moment I pulled my first Club 3000 card back in 2000, I loved the odd little insert.  I could be wrong but I think the Club 3000 card was my first ever pack-pulled die-cut card.  That might be why the set has always struck a positive chord with me...and why all these years later I'm still trying to track down the entire set!  

Speaking of tracking down the entire set, I'm now only missing three more cards from the 14 card set:

2000 Fleer Club 3000 Remaining Wants:
Note:  These were seeded in various Fleer brands from 2000.
MYS = Mystique, SHO = Showcase
BG Bob Gibson MYS
CR Cal Ripken, Jr. MYS
NR Nolan Ryan SHO

Thanks again, Max for claiming the Trade Stack and helping me out a bit on my own set needs!

I'd definitely love to wrap this particular set up sometime before the year 2020 is over.  With an overall goal of reducing my want list, picking off sets that are nearly complete is definitely the most efficient thing for me to try and do!  So, with that being said, if anyone has any of the other cards that I am still missing from the set available, please let me know!


Comments

  1. Love this set. But that's dastardly, issuing an insert across different sets. So glad I wasn't collecting then.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember Fleer inserting different Autographics into different products. Didn't realize they did it with inserts too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment