Featured Post

Contest Standings So Far, Plus More Winners and Prizes Announced!

My Ultimate Allen & Ginter Mini Set Bracket Contest is moving along nicely.  I've had a lot of fun writing the posts and then reading everyone's votes and comments.  Hopefully all of you are enjoying it as well!

The best bracket prediction is the biggest goal of the contest so let's begin by updating everyone on our top brackets to date (standings as of the end of the Round of 64):

Now, there's still a number of rounds remaining so anything can still happen but I have to admit that it's kind of fun (for me) to see myself at the top of the bracket standings.  That all said, some of my picks just barely squeaked by in the Round of 32 and so I'll be shocked if I maintain the top spot by the time I next update the standings.  Also, for what it's worth - if I somehow have the best bracket at the end then I'll consider the grand prize winner to be the best bracket that isn't mine.  I probably should have stated that upfront for the contest but I didn't honestly think I'd be in the running still by this point of the competition.  Clearly I know more about Allen & Ginter cards than I do NCAA Men's Basketball teams!

By the way, if you'd like to see where you stand (only the first 15 brackets fit on my screen), you should be able to see the entire field here.

I also promised plenty of other winners in the contest with entries for a number of things including simply commenting on specifically chosen blog posts.  Sometimes, I announce that a particular blog post is part of the contest (like on 6/14/2020) and other times I don't say a word and simply randomize the names that happen to comment on that particular post (like on 6/17 and 6/19).

With those three entries now complete, we need to draw some winners!  Let's go in chronological order so we begin with everyone who commented on the 6/14 post.  For that post, we had ten different people comment:

I'm using random.org and hitting "randomize" six times where the top name after the sixth randomization is our winner.  Remember that we are going to do a prize draft at the end of the contest (and it's possible to win more than one prize).  Congratulations to Nick Vossbrink (sorry about the typo on the list, Nick)!  This is actually Nick's second win of the contest so far so he'll be getting at least two prizes when all is said and done!

Next, the post from 6/17 was another voting post for which I had previously selected that to be a winning post for a random voter.  We had 16 different folks casts votes on that page so once again I turn to random.org to pick our winner after 6 randomizations of the list.

Congratulations to Brett Alan!

Finally, the next winning post was on 6/19.  Again, we had a great turnout (16 different voters) and again I randomized the list 6 times to determine our winner.

Congratulations to P-town Tom!

I do want to point out that I had also pegged my Barry Larkin Collection post on 6/16 as a winning post for a random commenter but the comment that I received on that particular post was from a spam bot (who is not eligible to win).  It's not just the Ginter Bracket posts that will result in possible prize winners for the contest!

Speaking of prize winners, be sure to leave a comment on this post because it's going to be the next post for which a random commenter will become a winner in the contest.  I also now have announced at least 9 contest winners when all is said and done so I better show off a few more prizes.  

Prize #08:

Prize #08 is a 2017 Bowman Chrome autograph of Griffin Jax.  I don't know anything at all about Griffin but I do know that the autograph is a nice on-card auto!  

Prize #09:

Prize #09 is 2015 Allen & Ginter 10th Anniversary Issue stamped, framed buy back of Kasper Hauser, one of the World's Most Mysterious Figures.  These framed cards were special inserts in the 2015 A&G set and they featured all sort of minis from previous years (both regular minis and insert minis).  Kind of a cool little oddball and it could be yours if you are selected as one of our winners!

More winners (and prizes) yet to come so stay tuned and keep on voting (and commenting)!

Comments

  1. Considering I have already forgotten what my bracket looks like, and have probably voted against myself on numerous occasions, I'm amazed I'm sitting in 3rd place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am right where I should be. Not in last, but not far off! Still fun though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WEE! I moved out of last! Looking at what I have left though, I probably won't get much farther.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Next to last. Just as I planned. 😂😂😂😂

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really fun. I haven't done a bracket-style thing since maybe Wimbledon or the US Open tennis tournaments years and years ago. Thanks for the updates, and for the links to the full bracket!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woo-hoo!

    I certainly needed the help of that randomizer, because clearly my prediction skills aren't winning me anything!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I knew required reading would probably not win, but I can hope. and to quote Butch and Sundance, (about Griffin and Hauser) "Who are these guys?"

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have nothing to add so this comment is just a shameless prize entry.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm doing just well enough to miss everything by that much

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wooo, I fell aloooong way from the top spot. Still, it's been fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, I went from being in the top 5 to being 3rd to last in a heartbeat. Holy Cow. A big thanks to the randomizer for trying to cheer me up! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  12. Whoa. Two wins is very weird for me as is being in the top half of predictions.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Had to look up the story of Kasper Hauser. Pretty interesting stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Went from middle of the pack all the way down to last. That's how it goes for me in a normal March Madness bracket.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment