Featured Post

Delivery Time! A PWE from Marc (Collecting in the Time of Covid-19)

Life in the times of covid-19 is certainly interesting (and that's putting it mildly).  All things considered, I think I personally was lucky in that I didn't lose my job (I'm a professor and all of our course teaching moved online for the second half of the spring semester).  Unfortunately, my wife did end up unemployed for about six weeks but the bright side to that was that both she and I got lots of quality time with our son (who turned two in May).  The way I see it, we can't beat that "free" quality time with our toddler...and getting the stimulus check from the government helped to ease the sting of moving down to a single paycheck.  Heck, I even saved some money on my end because I no longer had to do my 104 mile daily commute (52 miles to and 52 miles from work each day).  

I think that covid-19 awareness has kind of died down, at least where I live out in rural Pennylvania.  I'm pretty much smack dab in the middle of "Trump Country" so you can probably imagine how many people around here stopped wearing face masks almost immediately (hint, I'd say about 75% of people).  I, on the other hand, keep wearing my mask because (no surprise to me), covid-19 cases are rising once again in my neck of the woods.  Shocker.  

Anyhow, due to the whole covid-19 thing keeping me away from people (and stores in general), I haven't been buying new baseball cards at all.  Not a single pack of anything from 2020 has entered my house - but I can at least say that I still have a few new 2020 cards to show off but that's only because of the generosity of fellow bloggers.

Case in point:  Marc from the Marc Brubaker blog.

Marc sent me a PWE a few weeks ago that had a bunch of new stuff in it.  That, in itself, would be a kind gesture but it's even more impressive (and thoughtful) because Marc has also found himself out of work lately due to the pandemic.  I know that baseball card bloggers are a minority in terms of people who collect cards, but I have to think that some of the greatest humans are baseball card bloggers, in my blog roll on any given day and you'll probably find multiple posts from multiple people talking about how kind someone was to him or her that day.  Seriously, blogging is kind of like the "all good news" channel and it's definitely a welcome respite from the horrors of every day life right now.

Once again, let me thank Marc for his generosity and hopefully that good karma will result in Marc finding an excellent job (if he hasn't already - I'm basing my information off of his recent blog posts).  As for anyone else, I'm always up for a trade so check out my want list and make an offer!

Comments

  1. Marc is definitely a good dude. Any company/business would be lucky to have him.
    I haven't purchased any 2020 packs yet either. Welcome to the club!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment