Featured Post

A Pile of Reds...But I Really Wanted the Dodger!

Julie, of A Cracked Bat fame, recently claimed one of my Trade Stacks.  As per my rules, she got the entire pile in exchange for any one card off of my want list.  

And that card?  

A Tarot of the Diamond card from the 2018 Topps Gypsy Queen set.  I like this particular insert set quite a bit but I have to be honest, I'm not so sure I'll follow through with collecting the entire set.  Truth be told, I'm kind of over the Gypsy Queen brand - too expensive for what you get (or at least what I seem to get).  Still, for now this card is a keeper...and who knows, maybe someone else out there has already given up on the Gypsy Queen set and has a pile of cards to send me?!

Just in case...here's what I'm still looking for:
2018 Topps Gypsy Queen Wants:
Base:  301, 303, 305, 306, 307, 308, 309, 312, 313, 314, 315, 316, 318, 319
Tarot of the Diamond insert:  TOD- 1, 3, 6, 7, 9 10, 11, 13, 14, 18, 20, 21, 22
Although I only require one card sent back to me when someone claims a Trade Stack, Julie did fill out the rest of the PWE with a number of nice Reds cards including this serially numbered Joey Votto card and a pair of Cracker Jack cards that go into my other player collections.

While that envelope was certainly a good one for my collection, it's not the only PWE to arrive from Julie in the past few weeks (months maybe, I'm still catching back up on mail days)?  

The second envelope contained contents from one of Julie's giveaways, something she calls her Pickpockets - a great little program she runs (and if you haven't yet, you should check out her blog to get all the details)!

Anyhow, I did pick her pockets and ended up with a few cards that I thought might make their way into my non-Reds Frankenset and/or non-Reds PC (in the case of Ripken, Jr.). 

That Manwaring card is especially cool - and at card #218 there's a pretty good chance it'll make my Frankenset.  

**EDIT:  After writing this post, I dug out my Frankenset stack of cards and yes, the Manwaring does make the cut (it kicked out a 1994 Collector's Choice card of ex-Red Paul O'Neil). **

Many thanks for all of the great cards - and trades, Julie!  As for anyone else, I'm getting closer and closer to being caught up on mail days so let's trade and make me get behind again!  Check out my want list and make an offer.


Comments

  1. Saw that Manwaring for the first time over in P-Town's Folder of Fun. Great photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Manwaring has to be one of the greatest PATP cards ever produced. Julie is super generous with her pick pocket promotion!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment