Featured Post

And This Is Why I Always Need to Consult My Want List First...

I'm slowly working my way through my backlog of trade envelopes and, truth be told, I've kind of been putting this particular envelope off for quite some time.

Today's trade comes courtesy of Adam over at ARPSmith's Sportscard Obsession.

Adam sent me an email saying he had found a couple of 2010 Allen & Ginter relics that I needed.  Obviously, I was super stoked since I've been working on that set for a full decade (!) now...and given that I'm down to needing only a handful of relics the fact that someone had two seemed almost too good to be true.

He sent me the names of the two players that he had, Nelson Cruz and David Wright.  I knew for sure that I needed a David Wright and for some reason I also thought that Cruz was a player I still needed so I quickly replied back with an email saying "yes please" to the trade.

Not too long after that, an envelope arrived at my house with the two A&G relics.

Long story short, I DO need a David Wright relic from the set but it's card #AGR-DW, not AGR-DWR which is what this particular card is.  

So that was a bummer.

The second card was even worse (for me).  

I have no idea why I thought I needed that Cruz card.  I don't.  I think I conflated Nelson Cruz with Neftali Feliz in my head (I still need the Feliz card).  

In short, that trade ended up being a complete bust for me (and it's my fault, I didn't consult my want list and instead relied on my obviously faulty memory).  However, it's not all doom and gloom on the 2010 A&G front because earlier this week I was a proud eBay auction winner of one of the few remaining relics that I actually needed...

That's a wonderful Drew Brees relic card.  I love the fact that Brees is pictured with his son - as a relatively new father myself, this card speaks to me more than it might have back in 2010!  Now that the Brees is in hand, I'm down to needing only 12 more relics before I'll have the entire set completed.  I know that a few (but not all) of the remaining relics are super short printed but I'm holding out hope that eventually I'll find them for my collection!  

If you happen to have any 2010 A&G cards lying around, I still am looking for quite a few inserts, minis, and, of course, the remaining relic cards:

2010 Allen & Ginter Wants: 
World's Biggest:  6, 7, 9, 14, 15, 19, 25
Celestial Stars:  CS 3, 4, 5, 6, 10, 11
Regular back minis:  6, 8, 20, 34, 54, 58, 106, 109,  114, 170, 178, 184, 212, 228, 230, 231, 235, 246, 254, 274, 280, 294
Relics:
AJ.  Avery Jenkins
DH.  Dan Haren
DU.  Dan Uggla
DW.  David Wright
KF.  Kosuke Fukudome
LB.  Lance Berkman
MM.  Marvin Miller
NF.  Neftali Feliz
PP.  Preston Pittman
RH.  Ryan Howard (bat only)
TH. Tony Hawk
YG.  Yovani Gallardo

Thanks for the trade, Adam...it's not your fault I didn't consult my own want list prior to saying yes please.  Hopefully the cards I sent you in return arrived in late May or early June.  On the bright side, I was able to knock out two different envelopes that had been on my desk in a single trade post so that's a plus!  As for anyone else, if you'd like to trade be sure to check out my full want list and make me an offer!

Comments

  1. I pulled that David Wright card during Gint-A-Cuffs in 2010. Don't think I traded it to you though, someone else must've got it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool Brees. His son with the headphones definitely adds character.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment