Featured Post

Covid Got Me on eBay Like Woah! (Vintage Galore plus New Shiny Stuff)

With the covid-19 inspired quarantine heading into month #four for me, I've been spending a lot more time organizing cards...and also on eBay.  Some of my eBay stuff has been productive (i.e. I've been selling some cards on eBay including a bunch of my dad's vintage stuff right now plus a few cards of my own) and some of my eBay stuff has been less than productive (buying things I probably don't actually need to buy).

Let's start with the good stuff first.  Like I said earlier, I've listed a bunch of cards on eBay including a bunch of my dad's vintage cards.  There's plenty of good cards available on the above link (as of the time of this post anyhow).  Just for fun though, here's a preview of a few of the cards that I've got listed right now.

1966 Roberto Clemente

1961 Al Kaline

and the real prize of the currently listed vintage stars...

1959 Mickey Mantle

The money from those sales will go to my dad since those are all his cards!  That said, I do have a few of my own cards on eBay as well so maybe check those out too.

Of course, what's the fun in selling, selling, selling, if you don't also occasionally buy, buy, buy?  In the past few weeks, I've bought two different Barry Larkin relics both from the 2020 Panini Select set.

I can't afford the Select set in terms of packs or boxes but I do think (based on what I've seen in box breaks as well as the two relics in hand) that the set is quite nice!

Admittedly, parallels of hits is a stupid concept but I'm a sucker for all things Barry Larkin so I jumped in and bought two different versions of Barry's relic card.  The Cracked Ice parallel is numbered out of 25 while the Tri-Color parallel is out of 49.

In addition to the two relics in hand, there are more for me to track down from the set including the regular base relic, the Holo (#/75), the Gold (#/10), the Green (#/5), and the Holo Gold (#/1).  Realistically, I may try and go for the Holo and the regular base version of the relic but anything numbered out of 10 or fewer I typically avoid bothering with.  I'd need to sell a lot more cards before I could start buying most one-of-ones!




Comments

  1. The '66 Clemente is one of my favorite cards in my collection.
    Yeah, why do they do parallels of EVERYTHING, including relics? I'm tracking down all the Vogelbach jersey relics from Topps Series 2, because like you I just am a sucker for all things Vogelbach.
    This is the 10th year Vogelbach has had cards produced and I think I'm going to stop chasing parallels after this year. I enjoy the chase, personally, but my wallet doesn't as much. Plus ten years is a good round number, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really should try to unload a bunch of extras I have laying around, but I lack the motivation. Although this will be the first of two months where I don't receive a pay check... so maybe by the end of the month I'll get off my lazy but and list some stuff.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment