Featured Post

The Seventh Set I've Completed in 2020 is...

We've finally reached the end of my Check Out My Cards order from this past March.  I saved the best set for last though!

That's the 2011 Topps Diamond parallel set and I'm pleased to say that I now have all of both Series 1 and Series 2 complete!  For the longest time, I was down to needing only ten cards but the final few proved elusive...but thanks to COMC I now am the proud owner of the last batch of cards that I needed.

Interestingly enough (to me anyhow), of the final ten cards that I needed only Joe Mauer and Jose Reyes could even be considered stars.  I usually expect the last card I need in a set to be some expensive superstar (or rookie) but that's not how this particular set collection ended up!

My 2011 Want List was whittled down nicely thanks to me being able to finally remove the Topps set but there are still two more 2011 sets that I'm (slowly) plugging away at:
2011 Topps Lineage Wants:
1975 mini parallels:   33, 103
1975 Mini relics:  75R-JBE (Johnny Bench), 75R-TP (Tony Perez)

2011 Topps Gypsy Queen Wants:
Base:   1, 48, 303, 306, 310, 311, 313, 315, 317, 323, 326, 330, 331, 334, 339, 341, 342, 345, 346, 348, 349
If by chance you have any of the above cards (or anything else on My Want List for that matter) available for trade, let me know!  I'd love to work out a swap!

Comments

  1. Congrats on completing that fantastic parallel set, and good luck with Lineage & GQ!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sparkly. Congratulations on the set completion. Are you going to put it in a binder? I feel like that's one of those sets that can be viewed on a regular basis without ever getting boring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! I remember quite the excitement about that set.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Impressive! Not gonna try for 2011 Update too? I know the Trout especially makes that a tall order.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, I didn't collect the Update set that year and there's no way I'm going to try now with the Trout in it!

      Delete
  5. Congrats! That's a really big accomplishment and such a pretty looking set.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats@ Such a great looking set to have completed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. gorgeous set of cards! congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's amazing that you've completed both Series 1 and 2 of the 2011 Topps Diamond parallels. I'm very impressed. Heck, I haven't even completed the base version, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Mauer card has always been spectacular (even the base card). So each base card has a silver diamond version right? So 330 cards for each series. Impressive. Congrats. I'm with Fuji on this one too. I think I would have to keep this one in a binder.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Way late, but this is real cool...congrats on completing the set!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment