Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 760: 2004 Fleer Ultra - #13

Barry Larkin
Year:
  2004
Brand:  Fleer Ultra
Card number:  13


The 2004 Fleer Ultra Barry Larkin has one of my favorite images of Larkin on any of my cards.  I love the shot of him turning a double play at second base - and I even love the outfielder (Griffey?) jogging in as the inning ends.  

The front of this card is so good that it really doesn't matter what the back looks like, I'm going to like the card.  That being said, the card back is perfectly decent - easy to read card number (though I wish it were in the corner rather than centered) along with a large team logo and team colors.  The stats are quite career stats but there's enough numbers there to look good!  All in all, a solid effort by Fleer and certainly a set that I like a lot.

That's a good thing though since there are two more versions of this card that exist - a Gold Medallion parallel (which I own and will show off in a future Barry Larkin Collection post) and a Platinum Medallion parallel which I don't yet own.  The Platinum card is numbered out of only 66 copies so that one might be tough to acquire these days!  That's it though for the set since Fleer didn't include Barry Larkin in any of the inserts, memorabilia, or autograph sets.

Comments