Featured Post

Group Break Recap: 2020 Allen & Ginter Box #1 of 2

 This past Saturday, I held my latest group break - another pair of 2020 Topps Allen & Ginter boxes.  Without spoiling anything quite yet, I can assure you that these two boxes were WAY better than any of the boxes that I opened on video (either for the first group break or my first batch of personal boxes).  

In the interest of time on my part, today I'm going to show off the highlights from the first box of cards.  Tomorrow (if all goes well), I'll show off the second box...and trust me, you don't want to miss that one!  If you can't wait or prefer to watch everything unfold "live" so to speak, here's the video stream from Saturday night.  

As usual, each box of A&G includes a box topper.  For our first box, we pulled this nice Bryce Harper of the Phillies.


I was happy to see that the Phillies were a claimed team in the break...no small feat since I had to end up buying 8 of the 15 available slots!  Since no one claimed the White Sox, I made sure to make them one of my claimed teams...an idea that paid off in the form of a Robert rookie base card.  


We also pulled a Kyle Lewis rookie for the Mariners (one of the few teams that wasn't mine in the break).  Good stuff on the base card front.

In addition to the 8 team slots, I also claimed the non-MLB slot which meant that mini inserts would all be heading my way.  


Out of those, would you believe that three of the four were duplicates for me?!  I have the Where Monsters Live set complete but the other two sets I've barely begun...  Ugh!  For the record, I already have the leopard from the Safari Sights set.

One other mini of note that I thought was worthy of a scan - this nice black bordered Ichiro.


This box ended up producing three black bordered minis, though none of the three were short prints.

That leaves us with our three promised hits...and I think this box delivered quite nicely.  First, our lone full-sized relic:


The Red Sox were claimed by Ben M. in this particular break and while I'm sure Ben was happy to get the Pedroia relic I'm guessing he was even happier to see this framed relic pop out of a pack later in the break!


Gorgeous!  If you missed my earlier announcement in the week, I'm planning on chasing this year's framed relics from 2020 Allen & Ginter so if you have any for trade/sale let me know!  I've already put some bids in on eBay and I've probably got about 15 or so (out of the 100 cards in the set) either in hand or on the way to me.  Still, I have a long way to go so any help is appreciated!

And finally, our last hit of the first box was another framed card...this time a lovely framed autograph of Adam Ottavino of the Yankees.


I ended up with New York so this card is available for sale/trade.  There was a little bit of interest in the card when I pulled in during the live stream but it is definitely a card that doesn't fit into my personal collection so I'd like to flip it for either cash (to help pay for all those slots I ended up claiming) or for cards that I actually want!

In the end, the first box of our 2020 A&G box break was a solid box from start to finish.  That being said, it was the second box in the break that really brought the noise...I'll have all the goodies from that in my next Group Break Recap post!

Comments

  1. Nice Ichiro. Looks like the Red Sox did well in this break.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems those Safari minis are mostly printed off center on the front...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment