Featured Post

One Little, Two Little, Three Little, Four Little TCDB Trades!

Another week down, another bunch of trades from TCDB complete (find me on the site here if you'd like to trade)!  I've been enjoying completing a bunch of PWE trades - cheap to send and yet perfect for precision attacks on my want list!

Like a scalpel to the skin, I managed to complete a clean and swift trade with TCDB user Southfield Neal in which I was able to acquire four new minis from this year's A&G set.  The first three were from the retail-only Behemoths Beneath set:


The more cards I acquire from this particular set, the more I find myself enjoying the set.  I like that Topps included more than just your usual sharks and whales.

The fourth and final card from this particular swap was one more of the Booming Cities cards I needed.


Unlike the Behemoths set, I'm finding that the more of the Booming Cities cards I get, the less I like the set.  Each of the cards kind of looks too similar to the other cards to be visually interesting.  Don't get me wrong, I'm still going to be collecting the full thing but this one won't be winning a future "Best A&G Mini Set Bracket Challenge" anytime soon, that's all.

The next TCDB trade comes courtesy of user SetShot68.  This particular trade was a 2-for-1 where I was the person getting only one card.  


Some people may not like doing 2-for-1 trades but I actually prefer it.  You see, not only did I get a card that I actually wanted for my set but also got rid of two cards I didn't want/need.  I have way too many unwanted cards taking up space...and while I can't bring myself to actually trash them, I would love to get rid of a bunch of them!  TCDB is certainly helping me out with that goal at least.

My third TCDB trade of the week was with user BobbyL.  Unlike the other two trades, this one involved a larger number of cards going in both directions and that meant bubble mailers!

For starters, I landed two more minis from 2020 A&G.


That Colossal Squid card is super cool and I'm happy to have another one of the 9 Ways to First cards too!

The remaining cards from this particular trade weren't new at all...they go all the way back to 1998!


I've been working on this pesky Upper Deck Retro set for much too long but thanks to the trade with BobbyL I was able to knock 16 cards off of my want list in one fell swoop!  

And last but certainly not least, from user arein0:


What a cute little fish...until you read the back and realize this guy can grow up to 40 inches and weigh 110 pounds.  Then you look at the front of the card and realize that you aren't even looking at an anglerfish (at least, I'm 99% certain you aren't, don't anglerfish have that little doohickey that glows a bit)?  Never mind the wrong photo, even worse about the anglerfish is that some anglerfish males are born only to mate and die...fusing with a female, then disintegrating as it fertilizes.  That's disturbing on a lot of different counts.

This particular trader took a bit longer than usual to mail my cards...but he promised me a "surprise" to make up for it (and truthfully, it wasn't really that late anyhow).  The surprise ended up being a good one - a full set of 2004 Kahn's Cincinnati Reds baseball cards which happened to include a Barry Larkin card in the group!


Many thanks to all of the TCDB users that traded with me over the past week.  My personal want list is shrinking almost daily which is awesome and equally awesome is that my boxes of trade bait are also slowly going down!  I call that a definite win-win.

Comments

  1. LOL at that Anglerfish error. It's not even an Angelfish. I wonder if anyone's ID'd what it actually shows.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gotta love TCDb, right? I find it so interesting over there, especially on the forums.

    ReplyDelete
  3. From what I've seen, Topps has made quite a few identification errors when it comes to animals in their A&G sets over the years.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice TCDB swaps. Hope we can make one soon! I have a big stack of cards I need to add, as my trading has been slow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Squid! Now that's a fun card! You're making some great trades on the Base. I would knock a lot of cards off my lists that way too only if. I literally have eight monster boxes full of cards sitting in a corner. These are cards I'll never use on Pick Pockets . Unorganized. No time to sort. Trades that will never happen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That Tokyo card is gorgeous. Gotta remember to add that to my next Sportlots order.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment