Featured Post

Trades from Too Many Verlanders and Scribbled Ink...in the Same Envelope!

Happy Halloween to those of you that care about such a day.  I'll admit, the holiday doesn't do much for me but then again I don't really eat candy nor do I care to watch scary movies.  I did create a costume for my two-year-old son though (a custom made cardboard "LEGO brick" outfit that I must say is pretty darn cute).  I'm not really sure how to tie the above to today's card package except I guess you could say it's "spooky" to get cards from two different bloggers inside the same envelope!

This particular envelope was mailed by Dennis over at Too Many Verlanders but inside the package was a second bunch of cards that were from Paul over at Scribbled Ink.  I'm not sure I know exactly how this combination of bloggers ended up sending me the joint package but I'll certainly not complain!

As always, I thought it'd be fun to show off some of the highlights though this time some cards are courtesy of Dennis and others from Paul but each blogger should know that all the cards were appreciated!

We'll begin with this "souvenir logo patch card" from Upper Deck.  


This is definitely a unique manu-patch for my collection.  At first glance, this patch looks like it came right off of a baseball hat for someone who must hold the title of "world's smallest head circumference."  

Next, up a patch that the card front makes very clear it was "not worn during the 2017 MLB Players Weekend" despite being a "MLB Players Weekend Commemorative Patch."  


Yes, this type of word gymnastics is the same as why some drinks are "juices" and others are "fruit drinks" or some nonsense like that.  No matter, the patch bit is kind of cool and again, anything unique is always appreciated by me!

The next batch of cards to show off weren't all unique to my collection but I don't mind that when Barry Larkin is involved.


I do know that at least one of the above cards is new to my collection but you'll have to wait for a future Barry Larkin Collection post for me to talk more about that particular card.

And finally, both gentlemen threw in a nice batch of assorted Reds.  It wasn't easy, but here were my favorite three from the envelope:


Thanks a ton to both Dennis and Paul.  I feel like I should know why this was a combined trade...I have this nagging feeling in my stomach that perhaps this was some of bigger trade (?) that we had all agreed to that I've now forgotten about?  I have no idea though since the envelope itself arrived fairly recently and I'd like to think my mind isn't that terrible at remembering things!  No matter, the cards are certainly appreciated even if the thought of me losing my mind does sort of scare me...and I guess that means this is actually the perfect trade package to show off on Halloween after all!

Comments

  1. Nothing too crazy. Paul and I trade a decent amount, less so now that we're not about an hour away from each other, and he sent me that stack to send you the last time he shipped me a big envelope, so I passed them on to you. Glad you liked your stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Frank Robinson is fantastic. I'm one of those guys who likes most of the manufactured patches out there. Sure... there have been a couple of head scratchers over the years. But for the most part, I like them.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment