Featured Post

Why Did I Avoid TCDB For So Long?!?!

 About two or three weeks ago, I jumped back onto my Trading Card Database account and started uploading my 2020 A&G want lists and trade bait.  Since then, I've been kind of addicted to the site because trades have been flying out left and right which is a lot of fun...both because I keep reducing my own want list but also because I'm getting rid of a bunch of extra cards that would otherwise take up valuable shelf space in my man cave.

For those that don't yet know, you can find me on TCDB here under the user name NachosGrande.  I still have a long, long way to go before my entire want list will be on TCDB...and even longer before all of my trade bait is listed but at least I have a lot of stuff up from the last couple of years.

As I said, trading has been super active on the site for me and so I have a couple of PWEs to show off today.

First, from user parsley24 (aka Steven):  a whole bunch of 2020 A&G minis. 


Look at all of those gorgeous minis that are now mine, mine, mine!  I've still not completed any of this year's A&G mini sets but if I can make a few more trades like this it shouldn't be much longer until I start crossing entire sets off of my want list!

The original agreed upon trade with Steven had included another mini but he ended up not having that one to trade once he went to pack up the cards.  A quick search of my want list on the blog and he came up with this Derek Jeter from 1996 Collector's Choice to send as a replacement.  


I'm no Jeter fan but I do know that lots of people prefer not to part with his cards (as evidenced by the fact that I still needed his card from way back in 1996)!  Thus, I'd say this trade worked out fine for me in the end!

Next, a super generous user by the name of BOCards (aka Edward) sent me a message saying he had a couple of mini cards for me and that he didn't even want/need anything in return.  


BOCards mentioned the two 2020 Ginter cards but he also threw in an extra mini (the Subways & Streetcar).  Since I'm still very new to the TCDB scene, it was awesome for me to see that there are users out there who are super kind people (much like many bloggers)!  

Overall, I have to say that I am starting to love Trading Card Database.  In particular, the trading feature is super slick once you've got your collection (both "haves" and "wants") uploaded.  That being said, uploading your collection seems to be a gigantic pain and a huge time sink...but given the ease of trading once things are up and running, I do think it's worthwhile.  

It'll be weeks, months, perhaps even years before I get my full want list and full trade bait list moved over to the site but I do hope to eventually move everything over there.  Even better, I hope to eventually move my Barry Larkin Collection there too...that's what I had started doing back when I originally signed up for the site but I quickly grew tired of entering cards and gave up.  

This time I plan to stick around a bit longer...especially if trades keep rolling in!

Comments

  1. I've never seen that Jeter! I should add it! It's a great site for the reasons you mention...turning unwanted stuff into a few cards you want. Hope to strike up a trade soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One day I hope to be able to upload my dupes and start trading on the site... but it might not be for a few years. It's definitely been on my radar for the past year or two though since a lot of bloggers are raving about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been on the site for a decade (almost), but only really got into it in 2018. I'm approaching 350 trades, and have traded with a lot of great people on the site. The time I've spent adding cards to the site and updating my want lists has been well worth it.
    My ID is rmitchell6700 there if you ever want to hit me up for another trade!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've used TCDB to organize my collection and refine my wantlists but trade with Fred Pike there because he uses the base to fill my WL needs. It will be YEARS before I have cards for trade listed. My hobby time is better used on the blogs for reading and trading. Have fun over there Chris!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment