on
TCDB
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
I've been slowly picking away at the 2020 Allen & Ginter framed relic set. Every so often, I log onto eBay and see if I can nab any of the remaining relics that I need for my set for under $5 (after shipping). Admittedly, that doesn't happen often but sometimes I strike gold...and other times fool's gold:
That Yadier Molina card is probably one of my least wanted players in all of baseball but since he has a relic card in the set I'm trying to collect, I had to hold my nose and actually pay good money for him. At least this one went dirt cheap (as any Yadi should). Ick.
My second relic purchase of the week was another NL Central rival player - this time Kris Bryant.
At least the Bryant relic has a bit of a blue stripe on it - certainly a better looking card than the Molina if you ask me. All jesting aside, I am glad to have both of these in my possession. The Molina, in particular, took almost two weeks longer to arrive at my house than it had any right to...I was getting nervous that my "good deal" that I got on the card was going to prove to be too good to be true.
Finally, my last purchase ended up being a mistake!
You'd think getting a Barry Larkin relic would be a good thing but in this case, I thought I was bidding on a 2020 Larkin relic (I need a second copy of that for my Larkin binder). Instead, I somehow landed on a 2018 Larkin relic, didn't realize it, and put in a winning bid. Whoops. On the bright side, I did actually need this for my Barry Larkin Collection so all ended well here!
Kind of a fun mail week to add three new relics to my collection - and it was even better since one of those three cards was a new Barry Larkin card! If you happen to have pulled any of the framed relics from 2020 Allen & Ginter, I'd love it if you gave my want list a quick glance to see if we might be able to work out a trade.
I've accidentally placed bids on cards thinking it was something else and won. At least that Larkin purchase worked out for you. I don't think I've been as fortunate.
ReplyDeletetanx
ReplyDelete