Featured Post

Top 10 Week: Top 10 TCDB Cards for the Past Week!

Welcome to another Theme Week here at Nachos Grande.  This week, I'm going with a theme that I did one other time (and it was a lot of fun, for me at least):  Top 10 Week!

Since I've been showing off my TCDB trades on Mondays lately, why not make this my first post for this week's Theme Week and, simultaneously, mix up how I've done previous TCDB trade posts.  For today, we have:

The Top 10 Cards from TCDB Trades This (past) Week

#10:  2009 Heroes of Spaceflight #26 


I found a user on TCDB that had three different Heroes of Spaceflight cards that I needed from the long-forgotten 2009 Topps Heritage American Heroes Edition set.  This card gets the 10th spot on today's list mostly because of the condition of the card...it's definitely not pristine as there is a lot of chipping on the bottom border.

#9:  2020 Topps Fire:  #87 


This Trevor Bauer card was one I selected from a TCDB user that had only one card available from my actual want list.  I had a bunch of cards to send the trader and so I scrounged around on his other available cards and grabbed a pair of 2020 Topps Fire cards (the other being Akiyama)...a set that I'll probably never purposely buy for myself.

#8:  2009 Heroes of Spaceflight #25  


My second Heroes of Spaceflight cards that I was able to land.  Did you know that I once had the opportunity to see the space shuttle Atlantis launch?  I photo-blogged that trip back in 2010, hard for me to believe that was over a decade ago now!!  That trip is probably a big reason why I decided to chase after this particular insert set since the set was released only a year prior!

#7:  2020 Topps Gallery #149 


I won't turn down grabbing a Joey Votto card that's new to my collection.  I like it even better when such a card is from a classy set (like Gallery) as opposed to an eye-sore set (such as Topps Fire)!

#6:  2009 Heroes of Spaceflight #22 


My third and final Heroes of Spaceflight cards for the week.  With these three cards safely tucked away in my set binder, I'm now missing only three more from this particular set (HSF-5, 16, 23).  Once I can track those down, I'll be able to mark another set off of my want list...and that ultimately is the goal of any set collector!  

On a different note, I should mention that I love how each of the cards in this particular set shows off the mission patch.  The Apollo 11 patch is particular awesome, how about an eagle on the Moon?!  Of course, this is also the mission that put Americans on the moon and so it's a pretty awesome card to have in my collection for that reason too!

#5:  2020 Behemoths Beneath #19 


I actually like this card a lot on its own, but what bugs me is that just about every other Behemoths Beneath insert card is in "landscape" mode while the Sea Anemone is oriented vertically.  It makes for an ugly disconnect in the binder page if you ask me even if the card itself is pretty neat.

#4:  2020 Behemoths Beneath #4


I've been making good progress on this particular mini set from 2020 Allen & Ginter.  In fact, by the time this post is done I'll have all but three cards from the set in my possession!

#3:  2020 Citadels & Safeholds #11 


My only non-Behemoths Beneath mini that I was able to swing a deal for this past week is this Citadels & Safeholds card (also from 2020 Allen & Ginter).  This particular castle is located in Slovakia, one of the nicest countries that I've ever had the privilege to visit...and also home to one of the best meals that I've ever eaten in my life!

#2:  2020 Framed Relics:  #CB 


There aren't a lot of people trading 2020 framed A&G relics on TCDB but I was able to find someone who was willing to give up this "low end" Bellinger relic for a small stack of cards in return.  The white swatch of cloth is pretty darn boring but I'm still happy to inch one relic closer to completing the full set!

#1:  2020 Behemoths Beneath #15  


Coming in at #1 on my list this week is this awesome Portuguese Man-of-War card from 2020 Allen & Ginter.  This card checks all of the boxes for me - nice design (with the "standard" layout for the set), great photograph, and awesome subject matter.  

Many thanks to all of those who have traded with me over on TCDB.  For the cards in this post, I have to give a special shout out to users:  trading4vintage, jimsisco, jjryan6, and chadslagter.  No sets were completed this past week but I was able to inch a bit closer to four different set chases so I guess I'll take that as solid progress!  

I hope you join me the rest of the week for more Top 10 themed posts!

Comments

  1. Love that Portuguese Man-of-War card. Brings me back to my childhood. I used to go to Hawaii a couple of times each year and we see those on the beach from time to time. Never got stung by one, but my cousins told me it's super duper painful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only ever been to Hawaii once but it was certainly beautiful! That's my first (and only) time snorkeling (we didn't see any Man-of-Wars but that's probably a good thing)!

      Delete
  2. Haven't seen those Heroes of Spaceflight cards. Very cool, indeed. The Behemoths set is great, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love top 10's, so this should be a good week!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment