Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 772: 1989 Donruss - #257 - variation 3

Barry Larkin
Year:
  1989
Brand:  Donruss
Card number:  257 (variation 3)
Variation:  *Denotes 


Only recently, I've begun to upload my Barry Larkin Collection over on TCDB.  It's been a long process so far (and I've only done up through 1989)!  One of the things that I found while uploading the year 1989 was that Barry's 1989 Donruss card had two different versions.  The "original" version (which I showed off in 2011) and the version you see at the top of today's post.

Can you spot the difference?

If you found the *Denotes on this card and the *Denotes* on the one I posted back in 2011, then congratulations!  You've got a much keener eye for detail than I'll ever have!  

TCDB lists these as separate cards though and so I am going to follow suit!  I was happy to find that I had a couple of cards of both versions in my duplicate stash of Larkins so at least this one can get slotted into the binder immediately and it won't be yet another card tacked onto my want list!

Comments

  1. The late 80's Donruss sets are getting to be a real headache on the TCDB - so many variations, especially between retail and factory sets! I know eventually I'm going to have to go through my cards and see what versions I have of each, but I'm not making it a high priority.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you! I (finally) sat down and went through the earliest years of my Barry Larkin cards (1986 - 1990). It took me FOREVER to do so, especially when trying to figure out all the variations as well as what I did and didn't yet own.

      Delete
  2. I just learned about a variation involving the 1988 Donruss MVP inserts that involved a missing period. It's the smallest variation ever and totally silly. Normally I wouldn't chase it, but I found a copy for 49¢ on COMC so I grabbed it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those Donruss variations are certainly easy to overlook! I wouldn't normally chase them down for a set build but I will go after all of the Barry Larkin variations that I can find.

      Delete

Post a Comment