Featured Post

Did Somebody Say TCDB Trading?!

 Another week is in the books and as you'll see in today's post, my TCDB trading is still going strong!  I've got a lot of envelopes to make my way through so let's not waste any time.

We begin with a PWE from user irish77.  I recently uploaded my spare 2009 Topps cards (both regular base and Topps Target parallels).  That, along with other cards that I had uploaded previously, was enough to pry this Booming Cities mini out of irish77's hand.


I'm now down to needing only three more mini cards from the Booming Cities set.  Can I manage to finish this one off before the calendar flips to 2021?  I'm running out of time, but I'm hopeful yet!

Net gain of cards this week (so far) from TCDB trades:  -2

Moving along, we find a lovely PWE from user OralinPA.  I say "lovely" here because not only did I get the two cards that were agreed upon in the trade but OralinPA also threw in a third card from my want list that I needed.  In total, I ended up with three different 1999 Pacific Team Checklist inserts.


The Team Checklist inserts have been sitting on my want list seemingly forever so to get three of them in one fell swoop is pretty awesome.  

Net gain of cards this week (so far) from TCDB trades:  +0

Continuing through the mailbag, we find a bubble mailer this time from user madams30.  This was a larger trade than many that I've done - in total 16 cards changed hands here.  For myself, I ended up with seven new cards spread across multiple sets.  


I'll begin with four 2000 Fleer Tradition cards - a nice chunk of cards considering how close I am to finally finishing off this particular set. 

Fleer Tradition Wants:
Base:  14, 146, 150, 222, 231, 273, 323, 341, 370, 384, 399

Next, from 2000 Fleer Focus, a pair of Focal Points inserts:


That's another set that is nearly complete!  Unfortunately, the only remaining cards that I need from the base set are the serially-numbered prospects.  I don't think there are any "big names" remaining for me to track down but the relative scarcity of the cards in general has made acquiring them quite challenging!

2000 Fleer Focus Wants:
Base:  (all are serially-numbered):  226, 227, 228, 229, 231, 233, 234, 237, 239, 242, 243, 244, 245, 246, 247, 249, 250
Focal Points:  6, 9, 11

Net gain of cards this week (so far) from TCDB trades:  -2

Next, from Tigerfan22 comes a single card - but it's a goodie! 


That's a 2001 Topps HD card of John Olerud.  I definitely still like the Topps HD set a lot - and I really ought to make it a priority set to start chasing after.  Unlike most of the sets featured in this week's TCDB trade wrap-up post, I can't say that I'm nearly done with the '01 HD set.  In fact, here's what I still need:  

2001 Topps High Definition (HD) Wants:  2, 7, 8, 11, 14, 22, 30, 33, 36, 37, 39, 45, 46, 49, 51, 59, 61, 63, 68, 69, 79, 80, 82, 88, 90, 91, 96, 99, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 119, 120

Considering how small the set is overall, I've got quite a ways to go on this one yet!

Net gain of cards this week (so far) from TCDB trades:  -7

Next up, from user Packsux comes five cards for me - all from different sets!  Let's begin with the biggest "prize" for me - a new Barry Larkin card!  


That's one of the 1987 Indiana Blue Sox cards that I needed of Barry.  It's a very shoddy card - the card stock is super thin and the back leaves plenty to be desired...but it was also a Larkin that had eluded me for years and years so I'm still super happy to have it!

Next up, from the 1999 Pacific Aurora set is this pretty nice Alex Rodriguez card and from 1999 Pacific is this even nicer Ken Griffey, Jr. card.  


I'm not particularly close to finishing the Aurora set yet...and the flagship Pacific set from 1999 is even further away from completion.  That said, even if it's only a single card for each set - any forward progress is good progress in my book.

The fourth card from this particular swap is another one of the 2013 Gypsy Queen white frame parallels.  


This set remains one that I might stop collecting at some point...and yet here I am (once again) acquiring more cards for the build.  

And last but certainly not least, from 2020 Allen & Ginter is this Buggin' Out mini.


I'm now only missing eight more cards from the Buggin' Out set...and that's now my "worst" mini set from 2020 A&G (in terms of completion).  Not bad, not bad at all!  Even better, this was an 18-for-him, 5-for-me trade which helped me clear out more cardboard than I brought in!

Net gain of cards this week (so far) from TCDB trades:  -20

Not bad for a week's worth of trading.  Hopefully next Monday's post will be just as impressive as I have a bunch more trades that should be headed their way to my mailbox as we speak!

Comments

  1. Nice Larkin oddball! I love the Olerud HD and the Pacific team checklists are interesting. I've never seen those before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never seen those Pacific Team Checklists. Those are great. Pacific was so so good.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment