Featured Post

Just For Fun: 2014 Topps Stadium Club Best Card Competition: Final Results are In!!

I've had a lot of fun with my 2014 Topps Stadium Club Best Card Competition over the past few months.  Heck, the way 2020 has gone I thought a lot of us could use a blog series that was strictly "for fun."  I know I needed it, if nothing else.

Anyhow, we've finally reached the end of all the voting - and with that, let's get to our top three cards from 2014 Stadium Club set (in reverse order):

#3:  Anthony Rizzo 


#2:  Jose Altuve 


#1:  Babe Ruth  


I can't say I'm surprised by the final vote, though personally I still put the Rizzo card above the Altuve.  That said, no complaints about the Babe Ruth card being named the best card in the 2014 set.  In fact, back in August when I began this particular series, this is what I said about the Ruth card:

I love the photo used here, it so perfectly captures the "superstar" in Ruth.  I honestly have no idea how the rest of the set will shake out but the Ruth here has a legitimate shot at being the best card of the set in my mind!  Heckuva start.

Kind of a nice to put a wrap on this one...and for that matter, it'll be nice to wrap up the year 2020 and hope that next year is better in practically every way.  

Thanks for playing along, everyone!

Comments

  1. Nice finish! This set had a lot of great photo choices which made for a great return to the hobby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see Ruth on top again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't think that this would go any other way, kudos to all of the voters for getting it right!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was fun, thanks for showing off all those cards! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment