Featured Post

More TCDB Swapping - Another Week is in the Books!

Another week down and it's been an alright week as far as incoming TCDB trades go.  I kind of expected trading to cool off a bit as the holiday season approached but I still made some solid progress towards my various set builds.

First up, from user flywheels (aka Colbey from the blogs) is a little PWE stuffed full of four cards that I needed including this one: 


That's the second-to-last World Talent card that I need for my 2018 Allen & Ginter set.  This particular set is one of my targets to finish off prior to the end of 2020!

In addition to the Harper, Colbey also was able to provide more help with my 2013 Gypsy Queen framed white border parallel set:  


Always nice to get a chunk of needed cards all at once, makes me feel better about trying to collect so many sets all at once!  

Net gain of cards this week (so far) from TCDB trades:  -5

Next up, from jsteved, a single Barry Larkin card: 


Somehow, I don't think I've ever seen this particular Larkin card before despite it being released in 2000 - a year that I was fairly active in terms of collecting cards.  It's certainly nice and shiny - and it'll be a nice addition to my Larkin Collection!

Net gain of cards this week (so far) from TCDB trades:  -5

Another single card (for me) trade happened this week with user twfurey. 


Here, we have a 2020 Allen & Ginter Behemoths Beneath card of the rather awe-inspiring Giant Pacific Octopus.  With the Octopus tucked away, I'm now waiting on only one more card from the Behemoths set before I'll be able to cross that one off of my want list entirely!  That's always exciting - and it's even more exciting since the final card should be enroute to me as I type this particular entry in the post (I generally do each TCDB post blurb as they arrive during the week - so there's a chance that later in this very post you'll get to see the final Behemoths card that I need).  Here's hoping!

Net gain of cards this week (so far) from TCDB trades:  -6

Next up, we flashback to a set from 1999 - Fleer Sports Illustrated.  I've been working on both the base set and the Headliners insert set for many, many years without making much progress...but now that I'm active on TCDB I can finally see some more movement on this particular set build.  

From user 49ants, I ended up acquiring three different Headliners insert cards that I needed:


My want list for this particular set is definitely within range of being something that I can finish by the end of this year...or, barring that, certainly by the end of 2021.   That's some solid progress that makes me happy!

1999 Fleer Sports Illustrated Wants:

  • Base:  18, 35, 139
  • Headliners:  2, 5, 9, 11, 18, 19, 21, 22
Net gain of cards this week (so far) from TCDB trades:  -6

Next up, from user T-Rex70, we find another pair of cards from 2020 Ginter.  


I mentioned earlier in this post that I had the rest of the remaining Behemoths Beneath cards heading my way.  The Giant Clam is the final one that I needed!  I actually completed a pair of trades for this particular card (whoops) but the one from T-Rex70 is the one that arrived in my house first.  

With the Behemoths set now complete, we can look at the other card from T-Rex70 which is the second-to-last card I needed for a different set, that being the Longball Lore set!


Getting close to knocking off another one...and yes, I do have the last remaining card from this set on the way to me now as well!

Net gain of cards this week (so far) from TCDB trades:  -5

The previous trade was one where I actually ended up receiving more cards than I sent out.  That's been a fairly rare occurrence for me with regards to TCDB trading but here we go with a second such swap!  This time, it's from user hawkking.  

This was a fun little trade return because I ended up with four cards all from three very different sets! 


Let's start with this Barry Larkin - a 1988 Panini Sticker that I still needed* for my personal collection. 

Speaking of Larkin, how about another one?

**Editor's Note**
After sorting the two "new" Larkins into my Larkin Collection, I realized that I actually already owned both...  Whoops!  In my defense, I only recently added the Panini Sticker but I've owned a different version of the Upper Deck SPx Finite card for while.  What can I say, I'm stupid...and I really need to get my entire Larkin collection uploaded to TCDB in a hurry!
**   **




The two Larkins were the highlights for me but this trade also netted a couple of set needs from my 2000 Fleer Focus build.  The Vernon Wells is part of the short-printed base set (it's serially numbered out of "only" 3999) while the Sammy Sosa is part of the Focal Points insert set that I'm also chasing.

Net gain of cards this week (so far) from TCDB trades:  -4

Remember that Giant Clam I showed off earlier in this post?  Well, here's the second one thanks to a trade with user BenG76:  


Luckily for me, I also traded for two other minis that I did still need!  No worries about the clam card though as I plan to list that right back on TCDB and hopefully I'll be able to flip it for something else that I do still need.  At this point, I'm down to needing three more cards from the Safari Sights set and nine more cards from the Buggin' Out set (one of which should be on the way to me now).

In addition to the minis, I also landed one addition card from this trade and it just so happens to finish off one of my 2020 sets!

That's the final Longball Lore card that I needed - and with it tucked away safely in my set binder I've now completed all of the full-sized insert sets from this year's edition of Allen & Ginter.  Wahoo!

Net gain of cards this week (so far) from TCDB trades:  -8

That does it for this week.  Overall, it was another solid week of trades - and next week should be just as good based on the amount of envelopes I've sent out over the past few days!

Comments

  1. If it makes you feel better, I have all my cards on TCDB and am real good at adding new cards and I still buy stuff I already have. I truly don't know how it happens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never seen that Allegiance either, but really like the look of it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment