Featured Post

Relics for Me, Relics for You!

I've been keeping my eye out for the various 2020 Allen & Ginter relics that I still need over on eBay.  If I can find any for under $5 (before shipping), I've been jumping on them since cards are still stupidly expensive right now!  

I'm still a long ways away from completing the entire relic set but at least I've managed to get a bit closer lately beginning with this Vlad Guerrero, Jr. relic.  


So many plain white swatches this year, but at least the overall relic design is top-notch.  

The second auction I won recently was actually for three different framed relics: 


I only needed the Andy Pettitte for my collection but I figured the other two relics might be useful as trade bait.  Also, the price was definitely right for three relics...pretty sure I paid more for my first A-Rod relic than I did for this trio (whoops)!  I'd love to  swap either (or both) of the other relics for specific relics that I do need should anyone be interested.

And finally, from a third auction comes this nice Manny Machado.  


No way to tell for sure that the white bit of cloth in the Machado relic isn't from the same shirt as the white bit in Guerrero's relic but otherwise it's a nice card!  

Overall, I'm nearing the end of the "easy" part of the 2020 relic set build.  Pretty soon, I'll be down to the relics of the white whales and overpriced rookies (Luis Robert, I'm looking at you).  The full checklist for this set includes the likes of Hank Aaron, Willie Mays, Bob Feller, Johnny Bench, and Ted Williams so I don't think I'll be finishing the set anytime soon (or, most realistically, ever)!  That said, the fun is in the chase, right?!

Comments

  1. The chase is indeed part of the fun. Although there's a set I'm building where I'm down to only one card and it only pops up once or twice a year for insane prices. Lol. That hasn't been so much fun.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment