Featured Post

Some of my Recent Group Break Spoils

 Avid readers of my blog will know that I host plenty of group breaks (with most breaks posted over on my Facebook group breaking page which I invite you to join).  What you may not know is that I also like to get in on other people's group breaks!  


One such breaker that I've participated in a few breaks lately is those of Ben from Ben's Cards and Collectibles, LLC.  In the past month or so, I participated in three different breaks with Ben.  One was for a box of 2020 Allen & Ginter but unfortunately I didn't get anything good there (just base cards which were all duplicates for me).  The second break was much more interesting in that it was a box of 2020 Topps Gallery - a set I haven't opened for myself yet.


I'm not 100% sure why Van Meter is included in this type of set but the other three guys all make sense to have representing the Reds.  I kind of like the "artsy" effect on the Akiyama better than the more realistic images on the other three cards!

The third break that I was part of was for a box of 2004 Classic Clippings.  


Once again, I didn't end up with anything other than base cards here but at least I did land the really nice Ken Griffey, Jr. base card.

Overall, I find group breaks to be a fun gamble.  Even though the Reds aren't often well-represented in sets, I can usually assume that I'll get at least a few Reds from a given box break...and that's not always the case if I were buying retail blasters for myself!  

Thanks for the breaks, Ben.  I'm sure I'll be involved in more of them next year!

Comments

  1. I've done a few of Colbey's breaks, and haven't had great luck either. I seem do about as well with breaks as I do with opening packs, lots of disappointment!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment