Featured Post

Tripling Up the Relics (2020 Edition)

Because I'm some sort of dedicated masochist card collector, I decided to go after the 2020 Topps Allen & Ginter relic set this year.  While I don't know that I'll ever actually finish the set (a few of the relics seem to be super short-printed), that hasn't stopped me from acquiring some of the easier-to-find cards.

This past week, three more relics arrived on my doorstop - from three separate eBay sellers. 


None of the relic bits are overly interesting (one white cloth and two scraps of wood) but at least the players featured are a solid bunch.  In fact, that was the main draw of the 2020 A&G framed relic set for me - the player checklist was quite good!

For the record, here are the relics that I'm still hunting for:

2020 Alllen & Ginter:  Framed Relics Wants:  
MFR-AA Aristides Aquino - Cincinnati Reds
MFR-AJ Aaron Judge - New York Yankees
MFR-BL Barry Larkin - Cincinnati Reds
MFR-CJ Chipper Jones - Atlanta Braves
MFR-FT Fernando Tatis Jr. - San Diego Padres
MFR-GB George Brett - Kansas City Royals
MFR-GT Gleyber Torres - New York Yankees
MFR-HA Hank Aaron - Milwaukee Braves
MFR-I Ichiro - New York Yankees
MFR-JBE Johnny Bench - Cincinnati Reds
MFR-LR Luis Robert - Chicago White Sox
MFR-MT Mike Trout - Los Angeles Angels
MFR-PA Pete Alonso - New York Mets
MFR-RA Ronald Acuña Jr. - Atlanta Braves
MFR-RC Roger Clemens - New York Yankees
MFR-RJ Reggie Jackson - New York Yankees
MFR-RJO Randy Johnson - Arizona Diamondbacks
MFR-SO Shohei Ohtani - Los Angeles Angels
MFR-TW Ted Williams - Boston Red Sox
MFR-WM Willie Mays - San Francisco Giants
MFR-YA Yordan Alvarez - Houston Astros

On that list, most of the relics should be fairly easy to secure.  I expect that the Hank Aaron, the Ted Williams, and the Willie Mays cards to be the three that I never end up owning...and maybe the Luis Robert if his cards continue to sell for insane prices.  Otherwise, the rest of the checklist is solid but (hopefully) relatively affordable! Of course, if I could work out a trade rather than a purchase, that'd be even better!

Comments

  1. That's quite a list! Good luck with this challenging (but very handsome) set!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment