Featured Post

Six More Packs of 2001 Upper Deck Vintage!

The college where I teach begins their spring semester in exactly one week - hopefully I will have this box of 2001 Upper Deck Vintage busted (and sorted) prior to the start of school!  A few days ago, I showed off some of the highlights from the first six packs of the box - now let's rip the next six packs!

Packs 7 - 12: 


First, the bad news.  In packs 7 - 12, I pulled four duplicate pairs.  Factor in the first six packs and I'm up to 12 pairs of doubles from the box itself already.  The only good news on the base card front was that I did land one more that I needed:  Ruben Mateo.  

The Mateo was only the fifth base card that I've needed from the box and I've now busted half of the box!  Ouch!

As for the inserts, I pulled three out of the six packs - a pair of Matinee Idols (1:4 packs) and a Retro Rules (1:15 packs).  

I'm still on the fence as to whether or not I'm going to chase any of the insert sets from 2001 Vintage.  I do know that I'm going to have a TON of trade bait from this particular set to list on TCDB soon.

That's half the box down and I don't have a lot to show for it so far.  Maybe trying for a full box to finish my set wasn't the best move...  Live and learn I guess, at least I get to rip some wax - that's always fun!


Comments

  1. Floating heads are cool. That many doubles already... are not so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those team lineup cards are an interesting idea. They're kind of retro, but I don't think any vintage set actually has them. In fact, this may be the first time I've ever seen that. (The Cubs often had floating heads team cards in old Topps sets, but they showed the whole roster, not just the typical starting lineup.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty sure I need that McGwire if you are up for a trade. If you are keeping it, that's no problem either!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment