Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 785: 1988 Kenner Starting Lineup Talking Baseball - #12

Barry Larkin
Year:  1988
Brand:  Kenner Starting Lineup Talking Baseball
Card number:  12


I've been working diligently over the past couple of months to get my Barry Larkin Collection fully sorted - and perhaps more importantly, to get both my "haves" and my "wants" uploaded onto TCDB.  At the moment, I've only made it through the year 1995 but that's been enough to stir up a number of different trades on the site.  

The 1988 Kenner Starting Lineup Talking Baseball set has a particularly retro feel to it, something that wasn't actually all that common back in 1988.  Although clearly unlicensed (notice there's no team logo nor any mention of the word "Reds" on the card), the card front is actually quite nice.  On the other hand, the card back leaves quite a bit to be desired but what do you expect from a company known for making plastic dolls of athletes?  

From what I could tell online, this set was actually designed to go along with a baseball game made by Kenner.  Rather than regurgitate what someone else has said, I'd invite you to check out this post (not my writing) which talks a bit more about the game (and the distribution of the cards).  

That's been a fun part of TCDB for me - discovering (and acquiring) all sorts of new-to-me Barry Larkin cards!  

Comments

  1. Oh that's cool you are doing it by year. I entered all of mine first, then did the "add all missing cards to waitlist" function.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've accidentally purchased a few of these over the years on Sportlots... while thinking I was purchasing the 1988 Kenner SLU cards.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment