Featured Post

Making Dumb Decisions at Night.

 Earlier this year, I had sold a couple of cards on eBay for a decent payoff and decided on a late night whim to join in a "high end" break of Bowman Sterling over at The Iron Lion's Facebook page.  The break I joined was a half case (I think - maybe it was a full case?) and it was in a "random team" format.

After paying way too much to join, the team randomizer was not at all kind to me as I landed the Minnesota Twins.  Even worse, the (half?) case wasn't kind either as I ended up with a measly three base cards...two of which were of the same guy.


Yeah, chalk that one up to a poor decision on my part, that's for sure.  I love group breaks but this one was brutal!

By the way, all three of the cards have been added to my TCDB trade bait page.  

Comments

  1. Bad luck, but even more bad luck that Lewis tore his ACL recently and is out for the year. I feel your pain though and have made that exact mistake before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch. Rough outing. Win some... lose some. But you've had some nice pulls recently to help balance it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wouldn't ever enter a Random Team break - just for those reasons

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good decisions are never made after dark!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Been there. Many times. Iron Lion are good breakers though, at least your money didn't go to the dirty fingernailed, no idea what a penny sleeve is, can't pronounce Niko Goodrum idiot ebay breaker I used last.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment