Featured Post

One Step Closer with One of the Best Inserts from 2013!

One of my stated goals for the last couple of years has been to get my want list back under control.  Back in 2019, my want list had ballooned to nearly 150 different sets (and that's not even counting Barry Larkin cards).  Obviously, trying to complete 150 sets is a fool's errand so over the past couple of years I've spent a considerable amount of time eliminating sets from my list (i.e. deciding not to bother collecting them) and acquiring cards for sets that I decide to continue to try and collect.  

One set that has set on my want list for many years now and not received much help is the wonderful 2013 Topps Archives Gallery of Heroes set.  


Honestly, I can understand why no one wants to trade these cards - they are gorgeous to look at!  The stained glass effect is done so well and the cards feel special, you know, like an insert ought to!   

With the Ripken now in hand, I own 6 of the 15 cards in the set.  Normally, with low completion numbers like that (and for a set that's approaching it's tenth birthday), I would give up on it.  However, I can't bring myself to do that yet...there's still hope of acquiring the remaining missing cards, right?!

Speaking of those missing cards, here's what I still need: 

2013 Topps Archives Wants:
Gallery of Heroes:  BR, DJ, MC, MR, MT, RC, SK, TW, YB

I don't expect much on the trade front...but maybe you are someone who's also held onto the card(s) for awhile but finally decided to give up on the set?  If you happen to have any of the Gallery of Heroes cards I need, let me know!

Comments

  1. I really like this set, too. I've never tried chasing it though, and I only own one of them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great set but I don't recommend chasing it now...hard to find singles under $10 and virtually nothing happening on the trade front anymore!

      Delete
  2. Totally one of the best sets. Along with the 1997 and 98 versions. But I agree, it's tough spending the dough for some of those!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment