Featured Post

Relics for Me, Relics for You?!

If you've been reading my blog for the last few months, then you probably know that I've decided to try and tackle (i.e. collect) the entire 2020 Allen & Ginter framed relic set.  This idea is admittedly quite stupid since there are a few super rare (and super expensive) cards in the set but I do think the vast majority of the set is attainable.

Right around Christmas of last year, I won an eBay auction for four more relics from the 2020 set, though in reality only two of the four were new to me.  Unfortunately, I didn't pay close attention to the auction since the items were based in Canada (painful both in terms of shipping costs and in shipping time).  Luckily, this story ends happily for me though since the cards did eventually arrive safe and sound!

Of the four relics that I needed, the biggest "get" was probably this Ichiro with the stitching removed from the bit of cloth.  


Ichiro relics aren't always the easiest to find so I was happy to be able to knock this one off of my want list.  

The other new-to-me relic in the lot was this rather nice Chipper Jones card.


I was never a fan of the Braves (and by extension, Chipper) during their run in the 1990s.  After all, the Braves and Reds were "rivals" at the time...though I have to put "rivals" in quotes since it sure seemed like the Braves had the Reds' number almost every single time.  I'm still a little salty about the extra 2-3" on both sides of the plate that were awarded to Braves pitchers at that time.

As I mentioned at the outset of this post, the auction I won was for four relics but the other two were duplicates for me:  


My plan is try and flip those for relics that I do need...and if that doesn't work then I'll probably sell them on eBay and put the funds towards other cards I want/need.  Anyone interested in either of these?

Nice to score a couple of new relics for my set but I'm not done yet!  I also won a second eBay auction (this time the seller was based in the US at least) and landed one more new relic for my set: 


I feel a little dirty showing two Yankees and a Brave all in the same post but that's the plight of a set collector I guess.  

Here's what I still am looking for out of the Ginter framed relic set (any help is appreciated)!

MFR-AJ Aaron Judge - New York Yankees
MFR-GB George Brett - Kansas City Royals
MFR-HA Hank Aaron - Milwaukee Braves
MFR-JBE Johnny Bench - Cincinnati Reds
MFR-LR Luis Robert - Chicago White Sox
MFR-MT Mike Trout - Los Angeles Angels
MFR-PA Pete Alonso - New York Mets
MFR-RA Ronald Acuña Jr. - Atlanta Braves
MFR-RC Roger Clemens - New York Yankees
MFR-RJ Reggie Jackson - New York Yankees
MFR-RJO Randy Johnson - Arizona Diamondbacks
MFR-TW Ted Williams - Boston Red Sox
MFR-WM Willie Mays - San Francisco Giants

As you can see, there are still a number of cards that should be affordable but there's also a couple of doozies in there!

Comments

  1. Thanks to TBS, I really loved those 90's Braves teams. That's why I'm such a huge Maddux fan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll just say the Braves pitchers were extraordinarily consistent which led to them getting those calls. LOL Nice relics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:08 PM

    Gywnn and Bagwell are two good dupes to have. Hopefully they can fetch you a nice return, Gwynn in particular is very popular among bloggers/collectors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. One would think that these would be very tradeable on the TCDB.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment