Featured Post

A 1956 Topps Set from Padrographs!

A few weeks ago, I worked out a trade with Rod (from Padrographs).  For my end of things, I am now the proud owner of a full set of 1956 Topps Flags of the World!  


Rod knows that I'm a fan of flag sets so when he offered up a chance at this set, I basically had to jump at it!  


Rod even sent the set in proper 8 pocket pages which is great since I like to display all of my sets in binders (and I didn't have any of the eight pocket pages).  


As for the set itself, as you can see it's a gorgeous looking set!  I love how each country's background celebrates that particular country.  

In addition to the flag cards, Rod sent along a book for me to read:  Magic Time by W. P. Kinsella (a baseball book that I haven't read before)!  I'll definitely have to give this book a read at some point this summer - hopefully it'll end up as one of my 12 books I read for the year.

Rod also included a few random packs of cards - but those won't be opened here.  Instead, I've added them to my "bonus pack pile" that I use for my various group breaks.  It's certainly appreciated by me anytime I can get some random packs - baseball packs of any type are virtually impossible to find in the stores right now!

Finally, Rod also included a team bag full of assorted Reds including a bunch of new 2021 Topps cards. 


I guess he's able to find new cards, even if the rest of us can't!

Thanks for the trade, Rod!  As for anyone else, here's my want list - if you can help me let me know!

Comments

  1. Congrats on the complete set! I have the Jordan flag in my Time Travel Trading stack - they're nice looking cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When my brothers and I received that gift of mid-1950s baseball cards back in the early '80s, there were a handful of nonsports Topps cards with them, including a couple of the flag cards. I don't remember which ones or what happened to them (we weren't fans of them). Kind of neat. I'll bet there are terrible stereotypes with some of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Syria card is really great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the flag set in general but the South Africa one makes me grimace between the way it uses a non-white tribal warrior as a depiction of a country which is defined by apartheid and the way that flag has become a white supremacist icon today (like Rhodesia it's one of the ones Dylann Roof wore).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome! Fun with Flags!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment