Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 791: 1989 Topps Stickers - #44 (Variation 02)

Barry Larkin
Year:  1989
Brand:  Topps Stickers
Variation:  02
Card number:  44


As far as I know, Barry Larkin appears on 14 different variations of 1989 Topps Stickers.  The variations don't have any sort of official numbering - my designation is mostly to help me keep my personal checklists in order!  Anyhow, this particular combination features Barry on the back (i.e. the "card side") with Glenn Davis getting the front (i.e. the "sticker side).  

Interestingly, back in 2013 I posted a different 1989 Topps Stickers card featuring Barry Larkin and at that time I said "Quite honestly, the card isn't nice enough for me to want there to be a lot of different pairings...one of these in my collection is more than enough!"  Clearly, I've had a change of heart in the years since because now I'm actively chasing all of the different versions/sticker combinations!

You can expect to see more from this particular set soon - this isn't the only "new" sticker addition to my collection of Larkin cards!

Comments

  1. Go for it! I'd guess there aren't too many people out there who have all 14 variations, so that would be a cool feather in your cap.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment