Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 792: 1989 Topps Stickers - #44 (Variation 07)

Barry Larkin
Year:  1989
Brand:  Topps Stickers
Variation:  07
Card number:  44  


This is sticker combination #7 (out of a total of 14) that I am aware of for Barry Larkin in the 1989 Topps Stickers set.  In this version, Barry gets the "card" part of the sticker (i.e. the backing) while Kirk Gibson is featured on the front (i.e. the actual sticker).  It's kind of silly (probably) to consider all of the different front stickers different Larkin cards...but for me they all feel different since I don't peel the stickers off!  (Note:  If you do peel off the front sticker, then there would be no way to tell what variation  of Larkin sticker back card you held - so there is a legitimate argument for saying that I shouldn't count all of the various sticker combos different cards...even if I do plan to treat each paring as a different card!)

As for the rest of the Larkin sticker combos, I've been making some solid progress tracking down most of the missing cards via TCDB trades.  You can safely expect to see more Topps Stickers cards from the late 80s in (near) future Barry Larkin Collection posts!

Comments

  1. The stickers were designed to be peeled and placed in an album, so I always considered just the card back with my collection. Still, for player collections all those variations are intriguing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I won't chase every Gwynn & Henderson variation... but I'll happily add any I can find in a dime box.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment