Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 798: 1987 Donruss - #492 - Factory Set version

Barry Larkin
Year:  1987
Brand:  Donruss (Factory Set variation)
Card number:  492


The 1987 Donruss set comes in a couple of different versions.  There is the "pack version" and the "factory set" version.  From the front of the card, you can't tell a difference but the secret is in the orientation of the card back.  For the factory set, the bottom of the back of the card matches up with the left of the front of the card.  

In my giant pile of duplicate Larkins, I didn't have this particular version so I had to acquire this one via a recent TCDB trade.  In the grand scheme of things, this variation is probably slightly more palatable to me than some of the other Donruss variations (such as whether or not there is a period after "Inc" in the copyright line)!  

Comments

  1. Nice. Another variation I've gotta track down for my player collections.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment