Featured Post

TCDB Weekly Wrap-Up: A Few Days Late!

I've been trying to write my weekly TCDB trade wrap-ups each Monday but I ended up having other posts in the queue this week!  Instead, you get a TCDB wrap-up on Thursday (but all the featured trades in this post were from last week, you'll have to trust me on that I guess).

Let's jump right in with a swap with user jlcr2003.


I sent four assorted base cards (from various sets) off to jlcr2003 in exchange for this 2021 Donruss holo-orange parallel of Barry Larkin.  The holo-orange cards aren't serially numbered (and I don't think they are particularly rare) but when I saw the opportunity to grab another new Larkin for my collection, I jumped (even if the 2021 Donruss Larkin card itself is kind of a dull image).  At least the orange is suitably shiny!

Next, from user aint56cool comes another Barry Larkin card.


It's somewhat surprising to me that it took me this long to acquire the standard base version of the 1997 Stadium Club Larkin card.  For this swap, I ended up sending off six assorted base cards for the one Larkin, but as I've said many times - that's the type of trade I'll always be willing to make!  I'm clearing out more cards than taking in and I'm acquiring stuff I want in exchange for stuff I don't.  Win-win for all involved!

Next, from Kleskomaniac comes another Larkin parallel out of the 2021 Donruss set.


This is the 1987 parallel - but with white borders rather than black.  I think I prefer the shiny orange card (from the trade at the top of the post) but I guess this card is okay.  As I say though, any new Larkin is a good Larkin!

And finally, in what was a fairly light week of TCDB action (not for a lack of my trying though - I keep sending out trade proposals that don't get responded to) comes a PWE from user wax_house.


That's a 1996 King B disc "card" of Barry Larkin and it's a pretty cool oddball for my collection.  

That's it for last week on TCDB.  Four little trades all of which netted me one new Barry Larkin each!  Hopefully I'll have more TCDB trades to show off next week - but for that to happen I need some people to check their trade offers ASAP!

Comments