Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 805: 1988 Topps Stickers - #140 - Variation 2

Barry Larkin
Year:  1988
Brand:  Topps Stickers
Card number:  140  (variation 02)


Yesterday, I showed off variation 1 from the 1988 Topps Stickers set, today we get variation 2 (and I've shown variation 3 previously as well).  This particular sticker still pairs Barry Larkin with Ivan Caldera on the sticker side of the card but the backside now features a different Red (Dave Parker).  One of the other combinations featured Eric Davis as a Red on the back of the sticker side (and I prefer both of those pairings as compared to the version with Red Sox pitcher Bruce Hurst getting the card side of things).  In any case, if I were a Chicago White Sox fan I'd probably be sad that no White Sox players get to grace the backside of the card (at least not yet, I think there is still one more version of this card for me to track down and off the top of my head I can't recall who is on the backside).  I guess you'll have to wait for me to find that particular variation to find out (or do your research, you over-achiever you).

Comments