Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 806: 1989 Topps Stickers - #44 (Variation 01)

Barry Larkin
Year:  1989
Brand:  Topps Stickers
Variation:  01
Card number:  44


As I've said in earlier Barry Larkin Collection posts dealing with the 1989 Topps Sticker set, there are (to the best of my knowledge) 14 different sticker/card back combinations featuring Barry Larkin in the '89 set.  While there is no "official" variation numbering, I'm using my own numbering system simply to keep track of things.  

Thus, this may be the sixth variation I've shown off from the set but it's variation #1 by my numbering system!  This particular version once again features Barry on the card back side while the sticker side highlights Andre Dawson of the Cubs and Ron Gant of the Braves.  My standard complaint about most of the Topps Stickers sets holds here - no player names on any of the stickers!  What's the deal with that for a set that was (I assume) marketed mostly toward kids.  As a kid, I think I would have hated not knowing who the players were (and let's face it, most of the players I wouldn't have known simply by looking at a single image).




Comments