Featured Post

On the Other End of a Group Break: My Haul!

My loyal readers will know that I like to host plenty of group breaks - but loyal readers may not know that I also join in my fair share of other people's group breaks as well (almost always claiming the Reds, no surprise there)!  

Today's haul is from a number of different box breaks hosted by Ben's Cards and Collectibles.  Like me, Ben hosts lots of breaks and does "stacking" which basically means he holds on to all your cards until you are ready to pay one single shipping fee.  I'm not even sure how many breaks I ended up joining but here are the highlights from my latest "stack" of cards.

Let's begin with the Barry Larkin cards - three from 2021 Donruss.  I had already acquired the white base card via a TCDB trade but I needed the holo purple card still!  


Always nice to land a new Barry Larkin card for my collection from a group break - nowadays it's pretty much the only reason I enter most group breaks!

Next, from the 2020 Topps Allen & Ginter Chrome set comes a Joe Morgan mini. 


I was definitely hoping to hit a Barry Larkin A&G Chrome card (either a base or mini parallel) but unfortunately that didn't happen.  On the bright side though, I didn't get completely shut out since the 2020 A&G Chrome boxes don't actually hold all that many cards.

Sticking with the Chrome theme, how about 2020 Stadium Club Chrome?


I only got one card from this box break as well (booooooo!) but at least it was a nice Eugenio Suarez card.  Of course, it'd be even nicer if Saurez could hit about .200 this year but I guess beggars can't be choosers.

And finally, my lone hit from this stack of group break buy-ins:


That's a manu"patch" (though there's nothing patch-like about it) from 2021 Topps Series 1.  The relic bit is a weird rubbery thing, not quite sure what exactly it is made out of (it's not metal, at least I don't think it is despite the silvery shine).  

I think entering group breaks can be a lot of fun, especially lower cost breaks where the emphasis is on base cards and the occasional insert or parallel.  Of course, I didn't show off the various base cards here but I'm still happy to have them in my collection!  

And speaking of group breaks, I plan to host a couple of non-Breaker's Club group breaks coming up after Memorial Day so stay tuned for more details on that in the near future!  

Comments

  1. That Joe Morgan mini is outstanding. Do you know if A&G made a regular-sized Chrome version of that card?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they did...and I might have one. I'd have to check!

      Delete

Post a Comment