Featured Post

Stupid Mike Trout.

My biggest focus for the year 2021 (in terms of my hobbies) is to whittle my want list down to a much more manageable number of sets.  To that end, I've been extremely pleased with my efforts thus far this year - to date I've knocked off 18 sets (with more to come when/if my COMC order ever shows up).  

While finishing sets is my main goal, the only way to finish a set is to first acquire all of the cards up through that final missing card!  It might not be quite as much fun to knock a single card number off of the want list as opposed to deleting an entire set, but any sort of progress is solid progress - especially since many of the sets of my want list are either inserts or sets with way too many short prints!

Case in point - an insert set from the 2013 Topps Archives set that I've been working on for almost a decade now (!) is the Gallery of Heroes set.  


I was able to nab this Babe Ruth card (and later from eBay, the Roberto Clemente card that I'm still waiting to arrive at my house).  Once the Clemente gets here, I'll be down to needing only one more card from this set until it too can join the "completed sets" list on my blog!

2013 Topps Archives Wants:
Gallery of Heroes: 
MT.  Mike Trout

Stupid Mike Trout.  


Comments

  1. This post made me want to see how much the Trout would set you back. So I looked.

    Ouch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Somewhere out there, there are people trying to complete the 2011 Topps Update set that feel your pain...

    ReplyDelete
  3. My COMC order requested in November is finally arriving today! I have a tracking number and everything! No wait, it got delayed at their office in BC, lol. At least it was only a week. Tracking says its been picked up by Canada Post... So close!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cult of Trout?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Trout will likely be the player preventing me from completing a few sets.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment