Featured Post

COMC Delivers! (Part 2 - the Part in which COMC Screwed Up in What They Sent Me)

When I made my COMC order back in January, I was still missing six cards from the 1992 Upper Deck base set.  Since the cards were fairly cheap on the site, I added all six to my cart and went forward with my day.

Flash forward to today - I now only need three of the six cards as I ended up acquiring the other three via some TCDB trading...


...and there you see it, the three cards I needed.  Set complete, right? 

Wrong.  You see, COMC sent me the wrong Mike Gallego card.  The one they sent me is the "gold hologram" version, not the more common "silver hologram" which is what the rest of my base set is.  An easy to overlook mistake, but a mistake nonetheless...and an annoying one for me since the Gallego is one of the cards that I didn't trade for prior to receiving this shipment!


On the bright side, I'm down to now needing only one more card from the 1992 Upper Deck set...I've got to think that will be another set on the "completed in 2021" list soon!

Also, how great is that Howard Johnson card?!  


As a dad now, I love stuff like that...and it's perfect for a Father's Day post (Happy Father's Day to all you dads out there)!

While the 1992 Upper Deck set will sit on my want list a little longer, the next set from my COMC order is now officially completed - the Club 3000 from various 2000 Fleer products.


The Nolan Ryan is from 2000 Fleer Showcase while the other two cards could only be found in 2000 Fleer Mystique.  The Club 3000 set is now my 26th completed set of the year!

Let's end today's post with one of the few non-set build cards that I purchased...and no surprise here, it's of the Barry Larkin variety!


That's one of the tough-to-find 1991 Topps Operation Desert Shield cards!  Barry has two cards in the 1991 Topps set so I still need to track down the other Operation Desert Shield card but I'm happy having this one in my collection at least!  

Still more to come from my COMC order, I'll try to show off the remaining cards later this week!

Comments

  1. Club 3000s were a great set, and I like how they were inserted into multiple products.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe I pulled that Howard Johnson card like 20 times when I was younger. It was one of the first cards that just seemed to gravitate toward me. Much like the 1989 Topps Dave Gallagher or the 1988 Donruss Tim Raines Diamond King.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay a least that COMC mistake is both an easy one to make and gave you a harder-to-find variant. If you're going to screw up an order do it that way. Though it does make me wonder what happens to the seller…

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment