Featured Post

COMC Delivers (Part 3 - Knocking Off a Heritage Set!)

I'm back with part 3 of my COMC order that finally arrived!  

Today, we begin with a slew of "Sport Royalty" short prints from the 2009 Upper Deck Goudey set.


I returned to baseball card collecting around 2007 and then slowly got more and more into it through about 2010.  For that stretch of years, I was collecting almost everything I could get my hands on...no set was deemed too difficult (or stupid) to collect - and that's a big reason why it's now the year 2021 and I'm still working on the 2009 Goudey set.  That set is chock full of difficult-to-find short prints...and with enough big names in there to keep many of the short prints quite expensive.  That being said, I was able to get most of the missing short prints from COMC for a reasonable price - and we aren't done yet because there's a second subset of short prints in the same Goudey set - and that subset I was able to finish!


Those "big head" cards remind me of 1991 Score All-Star cards (which is a good thing, I always loved those goofy cards as a kid)!  Of course, there were no short prints in 1991 Score ...so collecting that set is much easier!  

With all of those cards now acquired, here's all that is missing for my set:

2009 Upper Deck Goudey:
Base: 220:  Mike Schmidt, 224:  Don Mattingly

So, so, so close to completing the set now!  

Speaking of completing sets, how about being able to say I've now finished off the 2014 Topps Heritage set?!


Yep, COMC had the last 10 short prints I needed (only 9 fit on my scanner bed, sorry Pedro Alvarez).  The '14 Heritage set is officially my 27th different set completed in 2021 now!  

I still have a few more cards to show off from my COMC haul, then it'll be back to the grindstone trying to finish off even more sets this year.  My want list is shrinking each day and I love it!

Comments

  1. I recently cleaned out my eBay saved searches... but the 2009 Goudey set is still on there. Hope one day card companies hold multiple sport licenses... so we can see set like these again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on finishing a Heritage set. Always a feat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Goudey set is really nice. I like the Banks and Bossy in particular. Congrats on completing more sets, especially Heritage!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment