Featured Post

Dippin' into the Mailbag (TCDB and Sportlots Edition)

Once again, another new week begins - and with it, another TCDB weekly wrap-up post!

This week, we begin with a trade with user lpb331.


I sent off a small handful of Sports Illustrated cards in order to acquire a card that features only about half of Barry Larkin's body...  Yeah, this one is a weird little card - it's part of the 1998 Pinnacle Inside "Stand Up Guys" set.  I presume there is a second half of this card* that I need to still acquire which will slot into the slit at the top of this card (and therefore "complete" Barry's picture).  

*there is a second half and it's been added to my TCDB want list!  When (if?) I acquire it, I'll have to take a photo of the "Stand Up Guys" completed!

Next up, from user Hebron Red Fan comes another single Barry Larkin card for my collection:


This is a 1998 Donruss Elite card - and I've found as I've been (slowly) uploading my Barry Larkin Collection over on TCDB that I'm missing a TON of Donruss Larkin cards.  I guess that's not surprising because I wasn't the biggest Donruss fan for much of the late 90s (and that's when Larkin cards had their heyday)!

That's it for my TCDB week...but since this was such a short post let's add in one more package - a straggler from my not-so-recent Sportlots order:


One more short print acquired from the pesky 2009 Topps Heritage set.  When I say "pesky," I mean it.  After all, this set is over a decade old and yet I still need a ton of stuff from it:
2009 Topps Heritage (Low and High Series):
Base:  446, 459, 483, 487, 496, 698, 707
Then & Now (High Series): TN-1, TN-2, TN-4
Rookie Performers:  RP-03, 10, 15

That's it for a fairly slow mail week.  Even so, getting a couple of new Barry Larkin cards plus a Heritage short print still qualifies as a good week to me!

Comments

  1. I like the Pinnacle Inside Stand Up Guys inserts. They're a great example of the way card companies in the 90's took the extra time to be creative with their trading cards. The only downside is that I don't actually have the ones I own displayed "standing up", so they look kind of silly in their pages.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The stand-up guys were a thorn in my side forever. I don't know if I've ever even picked up the Yankees ones with Tino. I think I finally got them a while ago, but not even sure.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment