Featured Post

Blue (La Da Dee Da Da Da)

Night Owl Panics!

A few days ago, I received a package in the mail from everyone's favorite blogger, Greg (aka Night Owl).  According to the note inside the package, he had been setting aside a few cards for me here and there for use in claiming a future Trade Stack.  Unfortunately, the last Trade Stack didn't have anything of interest/use for him...and then he panicked because I've been so active trading on TCDB!

I certainly don't mean for my self-proclaimed "Year of the Completed Set" to cause panic, but I certainly won't complain if it does serve as the catalyst for people to send me more cards I need!


The above two cards are both white paper framed parallels from the 2013 Gypsy Queen set.

Greg's been one of my most loyal trade partners over the years so it was great getting a package from him in 2021!  In addition to the two set needs, Greg also threw in this nifty Nick Senzel short print variation that I hadn't seen before:


I do like the vast majority of the image variations that Topps puts out, too bad they can be so difficult to pull (especially if you are only interested in the players on your own favorite team)!  

Oh yeah, one last card:


Love getting vintage!  

Thanks for the swap, Greg.  Hopefully there will be a Trade Stack in the near future that interests you...either that or maybe I'll be able to track down some cards you need soon (hint:  get your want list up on TCDB)!


Comments

  1. I have a long vacation coming up. If I actually want to spend it entering cards into TCDB, which sounds depressing, that'll be the time to do it.

    Also, I don't like Gypsy Queen at all. The only GQ cards I have are Dodgers. So holding onto those was killing me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Entering cards on TCDB is kind of the worst, I will admit that. However, once it's done (or even if part of it is done), trading becomes 100x easier. I've only managed to get my Barry Larkin Collection uploaded through the year 2000 so I've got a long ways to go, but even so I've managed to acquire way more new-to-me Larkin cards on there than I ever would have using only my blog as a trading catalyst.

      Delete

Post a Comment