Featured Post

Thoughts on Sepia Parallels?

Today's TCDB mail bag is incredibly small - only one incoming package for the week...and only one card in that package:


That's a sepia parallel from the 2021 Stadium Club set and it was sent by TCDB user bbcards56 (who also has a blog).  I'm not always the biggest fan of the sepia parallels but for whatever reason I think it looks pretty good with this particular image of Barry.  I'm also happy to continue to be able to add brand new Larkin cards to my collection - kudos to Topps for not forgetting about Larkin in newer sets!

Hopefully next week's TCDB mailbag will be a bit fuller than this week's single card entry.  I've got four trades that should be en route to me as you read this post - fingers crossed they all show up soon!

For now though, I'll simply ask - what are your thoughts on sepia parallels?   Do you like the washed out look?  Do you think they are pointless?  I'm curious!

Comments

  1. I typically don't mind them... but ultimately it depends on the photograph used. Sepia tends to be a neutral color... so I'd much rather have a sepia parallel of an A's card instead of a blue refractor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not as impressed if the card itself is paper stock or paper-adjacent stock, but I do admit the sepia effect can look pretty nice when on chrome cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not inherently opposed to them but if I'm ripping SC I dread getting them since I'd rather have the base color photo (unless the photo is a colorized B/W photo in which case the sepia might be preferable)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’m indifferent on them. I did just sell one today on eBay for $5, so that’s cool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I preferred the parallels that were black & white photos with orange lettering. I thought they were sharp. Apparently the sepia parallels (which are more available) replaced those. No likey.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm of the opinion that they've overstayed their welcome.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment