Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 825: 1990 Star Nova - #107

Barry Larkin
Year:
  1990
Brand:  Star Nova
Card number:  107


This is the last of the 1990 Star Nova Barry Larkin cards that I own and it's definitely one of the best images on any card!  I would say that the shot is cropped a little too tight, but that's only because we lose part of Larkin's foot but also the umpire's head.  Still, I like the shot.  I also like the concept of the "game highs" on the back of the card though the layout is a little elementary.  Kind of funny that most of his game highs had been done "many times."  Also, shout out for the 21 game hit streak, not bad for a young ballplayer!

I do hope to eventually track down the other five Star Nova Barry Larkin cards that I need.  There's also a promo card for the 1990 Star Nova, 1990 Star Gold, and 1990 Star sets that I also need to try and find if I can.  The life of a player collector is never done - especially for a guy who's career spanned the entire decade of the 1990s when baseball cards got all kinds of silly!

Comments