Featured Post

Dublin Up! (133-Year-Old Card in my Collection)

This is my final weekend before work "officially" starts for the new semester so today's post is going to be short and sweet!

I've been checking on eBay every now and then trying to see if I can find any (affordable) old Allen & Ginter cards for the two sets that I decided to start collecting this year - the 1887 Flags of All Nations and the 1888 City Flags.

As luck would have it, earlier this week I was able to nab one more needed 1888 City Flags card - that being the city flag of Dublin.


I've never been to Dublin - the flag looks more like how I imagine the city to be as opposed to the little picture at the bottom of the card (the photo looks more like a dusty, 1800s era Washington DC to me)!  

I love these old cards - and while you can't exactly collect them in a hurry (at least not on a shoestring budget like I try do do) you can occasionally find a card for relatively cheap.  Plus, it's kind of cool owning cards from 133 years ago!!

Comments