Featured Post

I Like Big Trades and I Cannot Lie.

Happy Monday, everyone.  Actually, today isn't all that happy for me as it's my last week "off" before my college starts back up and I'm back to teaching.  Truthfully, I do love my job and I love teaching but it's always sad to have to say goodbye to summer vacation!

Enough of that though, you clicked through here to see some baseball cards and I'd hate to disappoint you.  Luckily, today's a TCDB weekly trade wrap-up post so you'll get to see plenty of cool cards (at least, cool to me)!

Let's begin with my first (I think) 2021 Allen & Ginter trade of the year - a single card PWE from user herkojerko.


That's one of the "Mascots in Real Life" cards - and yes, I'm chasing after all of this year's mini sets!  According to the card back, the Lion is the Royals' mascot....can't say I knew that Slugger was definitely a lion but it makes sense.  King of the jungle, king = royal, I get it.

Next, from user jimetal7212 comes a pair of cards that I've been after:


The Larkin is your standard issue Stadium Club card but it was one I was missing in my collection so I'm happy to have it.  The other card is a 2000 Fleer Focus short print (#/3999).  Those Fleer Focus short prints have been super annoying to try and track down so anytime I can trade for one I'm happy.  Unfortunately, I still need a ton more of 'em:
2000 Fleer Focus Wants:
Base:  (all are serially-numbered):  226, 227, 228, 229, 231, 233, 234, 237, 242, 243, 245, 246, 247, 249, 250

Moving along to the next trade envelope, this one is from Hebron Reds Fan:


I love trading with Reds fans because they seem to often be a great source of new-to-me Barry Larkin cards...or in this case, Barry Larkin stickers!  This tiny little thing is a 1993 Red Foley Sticker.  I don't know much about the Red Foley Sticker set but I'll try to do some research prior to featuring this little postage-stamp sized sticker as part of my ongoing Barry Larkin Collection.

Next up, a trade with user chemistclete:


That lone mini card from the 2010 Allen & Ginter set cost me 28 cards in return - not often I do a 28-for-1 trade but in this case I did it happily since those World's Biggest cards from the 2010 set are tough to find nowadays!  Even worse for me, the 2021 A&G set also has a mini set called World's Biggest so now my eBay searches will be all screwy when looking for the older cards!

Keeping the trades rolling, my next swap was with user NetScans:


That's a 2000 Stadium Club short print - what is it with sets from the year 2000 and their pesky short prints?!  Like the 2000 Fleer Focus set, I've got quite a ways to go on this one as well:
2000 Topps Stadium Club:
Base:  208, 210, 211, 212, 215, 216, 218, 220, 226, 228, 229, 230, 233, 234, 244, 247, 249, 250
As I always say though, any progress is good progress - even if it comes a single card at a time.

Next, another one of those pointless variations from late 80s Donruss - this one courtesy of user Staff23.


That's my third (out of four) different variations for this particular 1989 Donruss card.  The differences between the four variations are literally:  A) is there or is there not a period after "inc" and B)  is there only one or are there two asterisks around the word "denote".  That's it...and yet, here I am collecting all the various versions.  I know, I know, and I said it was pointless but that's the life of a player collector I guess!

And last but not least, my largest trade of the week - this one being with user CluelessJoe.


For this swap, I ended up with 18 more base cards for my 1999 Sports Illustrated set as well as the final mini poster that I needed from that set!

Good to knock another set off of my want list and an excellent way to the this past week's worth of TCDB mail!  

Here's to another good week, everyone!

Comments

  1. Almost as many Daryle Wards as Larkins, that must feel weird! I like seeing some of my familiar trade partners in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know that the Royals mascot was a Lion either. Seems like a bit of a stretch though.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment